HTC One (M8) sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
In a time where the S5 just launched and is racking up sales, HTC has shown it's sales associates a document detailing reasons why consumers should buy the One M8 over an S5.

Well, it has been leaked, for your viewing pleasure. ;)

Onem8sales.jpg
onem8sales2.jpg

Now, I think most of these are valid reasons, apart from the Duo Camera. It's not terrible or anything, but from what I've seen, the S5's 16MP camera has been circling over the M8's 4MP shooter several times. I'm sure devs can make the Duo Camera concept more creative, and 4MP should be fine if you're not an avid photographer, but IMO, that's hardly a reason why I would pick an M8 over an S5.

If I had to pick top 5 reasons why the S5 is better, it would be
5: Fingerprint + heart-rate sensor
4: Larger 2800mAh battery + optional wireless charging + USB 3.0
3: IP67 water + dust resistance certification
2: SAMOLED display/Download booster
1: 16MP camera

Now, I believe both phones are great, and consumers are making a good choice choosing either of the 2 (and the Z2), but expect the market to be highly competitive soon.

(Pictures courtesy of GSMArena)

Last edited by a moderator:

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

Fingerprint and Heart rate sensor that hardly works. And reports suggest some trouble with the camera included very slow to focus.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

Just because it has a 2800mah battery doesn't mean it's going to get better battery life. My guess is the m8 will be slightly better due to Sense being more optimized and a lighter ui.

Also download booster is not available on all models, I can't remember which carriers have removed it

Posted via Android Central App

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Just my personal list.

And yes. Download Booster is not available in the States. Don't know why, though. It seems to be a killer feature.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Fingerprint and Heart rate sensor that hardly works. And reports suggest some trouble with the camera included very slow to focus.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Still, the typical consumer would love them, right? :p

Zod1010

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Just because it has a 2800mah battery doesn't mean it's going to get better battery life. My guess is the m8 will be slightly better due to Sense being more optimized and a lighter ui.
Someone on the G5 forum posted this today...

Galaxy S5 scores amazing on our battery life test: the longest-lasting flagship has the endurance of a tablet

I agree with some of the other posters; the heart rate monitor and finger print scanner are gimmicks. Ultimately, they constitute little more than bloatware for me. And although a water-proof phone sounds like a nice-to-have, it's never once been an issue for me in all the years I've had cell phones. Personally, having a company that will replace a phone with a cracked screen (for free) is a much bigger win. I can't speak for everyone else, but I spend a lot more time holding my phone above solid ground than I do above three feet of water.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

Galaxy S5 scores amazing on our battery life test: the longest-lasting flagship has the endurance of a tablet

I agree with some of the other posters; the heart rate monitor and finger print scanner are gimmicks. Ultimately, they constitute little more than bloatware for me. And although a water-proof phone sounds like a nice-to-have, it's never once been an issue for me in all the years I've had cell phones. Personally, having a company that will replace a phone with a cracked screen (for free) is a much bigger win. I can't speak for everyone else, but I spend a lot more time holding my phone above solid ground than I do above three feet of water.

I don't know what kind of test they do for on screen time but I know I have had just under 7 hours of on screen time from the HTC One M7. I think I could get 9 or more from the M8.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

There's also another article I read where the m8 did better than the s5, so it goes both ways. In real world usage I'll guess the m8 outlasts the s5, maybe not by much though

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

There's also another article I read where the m8 did better than the s5, so it goes both ways. In real world usage I'll guess the m8 outlasts the s5, maybe not by much though

We just need to hop over to the S5 forums and check out their battery usage 'real world' vs. ours. I hardly trust any reviews anymore.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I gotta be honest. I just came home with my new M8 from the T-Mobile store and I love it. Don't regret my decision at all. Having said that, I could also make my own list of reasons I could have easily gone with an S5 not the least of which is the camera and that amazing screen. These are both excellent devices and really come down to preference. At this point this new HTC makes more sense for my lifestyle. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Not a fan of the phone wars...

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I gotta be honest. I just came home with my new M8 from the T-Mobile store and I love it. Don't regret my decision at all. Having said that, I could also make my own list of reasons I could have easily gone with an S5 not the least of which is the camera and that amazing screen. These are both excellent devices and really come down to preference. At this point this new HTC makes more sense for my lifestyle. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Not a fan of the phone wars...

Same here.

Also, hate patent wars. Makes no sense whatsoever, IMO.

YouDunKnowMeh

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Never really need my removable cover on my Nexus. I like using the little pin to remove my SIM and stuff. Never needed to replace a battery or have to swap it out before.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the list but it ain't going to change anything...as far as sales, Samsung will again dominate.

I used to cry about removable battery but honestly I rarely took advantage of it. Besides today's Super Phones should/will last 12 hours.

Dizfunctions

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Samsung galaxy s5 has insanely good battery life...

I think it bears almost everything out right now, even most phablets

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital