Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By D13H4RD2L1V3
  • 6 Post By Skyway
  • 1 Post By freddyttt
  • 2 Post By ugxvibe
  • 4 Post By ThrottleJohnny
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default HTC One (M8) sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

    In a time where the S5 just launched and is racking up sales, HTC has shown it's sales associates a document detailing reasons why consumers should buy the One M8 over an S5.

    Well, it has been leaked, for your viewing pleasure.

    HTC One (M8) sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.-onem8sales.jpg
    HTC One (M8) sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.-onem8sales2.jpg

    Now, I think most of these are valid reasons, apart from the Duo Camera. It's not terrible or anything, but from what I've seen, the S5's 16MP camera has been circling over the M8's 4MP shooter several times. I'm sure devs can make the Duo Camera concept more creative, and 4MP should be fine if you're not an avid photographer, but IMO, that's hardly a reason why I would pick an M8 over an S5.

    If I had to pick top 5 reasons why the S5 is better, it would be
    5: Fingerprint + heart-rate sensor
    4: Larger 2800mAh battery + optional wireless charging + USB 3.0
    3: IP67 water + dust resistance certification
    2: SAMOLED display/Download booster
    1: 16MP camera

    Now, I believe both phones are great, and consumers are making a good choice choosing either of the 2 (and the Z2), but expect the market to be highly competitive soon.

    (Pictures courtesy of GSMArena)
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-12-2014 at 12:21 PM.
    Sent from my Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P/HTC One running InsertCoin 2.5 Sense 6.
    Thanked by 4:
    bembol likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: HTC One M8 sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

    Fingerprint and Heart rate sensor that hardly works. And reports suggest some trouble with the camera included very slow to focus.

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app
  3. #3  

    Default Re: HTC One M8 sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

    Just because it has a 2800mah battery doesn't mean it's going to get better battery life. My guess is the m8 will be slightly better due to Sense being more optimized and a lighter ui.

    Also download booster is not available on all models, I can't remember which carriers have removed it

    Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
    Thanked by 2:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: HTC One M8 sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

    Just my personal list.

    And yes. Download Booster is not available in the States. Don't know why, though. It seems to be a killer feature.
    Sent from my Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P/HTC One running InsertCoin 2.5 Sense 6.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: HTC One M8 sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

    Quote Originally Posted by freddyttt View Post
    Fingerprint and Heart rate sensor that hardly works. And reports suggest some trouble with the camera included very slow to focus.

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    Still, the typical consumer would love them, right? :P
    Sent from my Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P/HTC One running InsertCoin 2.5 Sense 6.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: HTC One M8 sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

    Quote Originally Posted by D13H4RD2L1V3 View Post
    Still, the typical consumer would love them, right? :P
    not really sure. id have no use for either of those gimmicks ...
    coronaboy10 likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: HTC One M8 sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

    Quote Originally Posted by freddyttt View Post
    not really sure. id have no use for either of those features ...
    Fixed

    Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
    Thanked by 2:
  8. #8  
    Zod1010's Avatar

    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts

    Default Re: HTC One M8 sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    Just because it has a 2800mah battery doesn't mean it's going to get better battery life. My guess is the m8 will be slightly better due to Sense being more optimized and a lighter ui.
    Someone on the G5 forum posted this today...

    Galaxy S5 scores amazing on our battery life test: the longest-lasting flagship has the endurance of a tablet

    I agree with some of the other posters; the heart rate monitor and finger print scanner are gimmicks. Ultimately, they constitute little more than bloatware for me. And although a water-proof phone sounds like a nice-to-have, it's never once been an issue for me in all the years I've had cell phones. Personally, having a company that will replace a phone with a cracked screen (for free) is a much bigger win. I can't speak for everyone else, but I spend a lot more time holding my phone above solid ground than I do above three feet of water.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: HTC One M8 sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zod1010 View Post
    Someone on the G5 forum posted this today...

    Galaxy S5 scores amazing on our battery life test: the longest-lasting flagship has the endurance of a tablet

    I agree with some of the other posters; the heart rate monitor and finger print scanner are gimmicks. Ultimately, they constitute little more than bloatware for me. And although a water-proof phone sounds like a nice-to-have, it's never once been an issue for me in all the years I've had cell phones. Personally, having a company that will replace a phone with a cracked screen (for free) is a much bigger win. I can't speak for everyone else, but I spend a lot more time holding my phone above solid ground than I do above three feet of water.
    I don't know what kind of test they do for on screen time but I know I have had just under 7 hours of on screen time from the HTC One M7. I think I could get 9 or more from the M8.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: HTC One M8 sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zod1010 View Post
    Someone on the G5 forum posted this today...

    Galaxy S5 scores amazing on our battery life test: the longest-lasting flagship has the endurance of a tablet

    I agree with some of the other posters; the heart rate monitor and finger print scanner are gimmicks. Ultimately, they constitute little more than bloatware for me. And although a water-proof phone sounds like a nice-to-have, it's never once been an issue for me in all the years I've had cell phones. Personally, having a company that will replace a phone with a cracked screen (for free) is a much bigger win. I can't speak for everyone else, but I spend a lot more time holding my phone above solid ground than I do above three feet of water.
    There's also another article I read where the m8 did better than the s5, so it goes both ways. In real world usage I'll guess the m8 outlasts the s5, maybe not by much though

    Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: HTC One M8 sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    There's also another article I read where the m8 did better than the s5, so it goes both ways. In real world usage I'll guess the m8 outlasts the s5, maybe not by much though

    Posted via Android Central App
    We just need to hop over to the S5 forums and check out their battery usage 'real world' vs. ours. I hardly trust any reviews anymore.
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off
    Skyway and ErnstMach like this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8) sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

    I gotta be honest. I just came home with my new M8 from the T-Mobile store and I love it. Don't regret my decision at all. Having said that, I could also make my own list of reasons I could have easily gone with an S5 not the least of which is the camera and that amazing screen. These are both excellent devices and really come down to preference. At this point this new HTC makes more sense for my lifestyle. Just wanted to throw that out there.

    Not a fan of the phone wars...
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8) sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThrottleJohnny View Post
    I gotta be honest. I just came home with my new M8 from the T-Mobile store and I love it. Don't regret my decision at all. Having said that, I could also make my own list of reasons I could have easily gone with an S5 not the least of which is the camera and that amazing screen. These are both excellent devices and really come down to preference. At this point this new HTC makes more sense for my lifestyle. Just wanted to throw that out there.

    Not a fan of the phone wars...
    Same here.

    Also, hate patent wars. Makes no sense whatsoever, IMO.
    Sent from my Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P/HTC One running InsertCoin 2.5 Sense 6.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8) sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

    Metal beats plastic is all I needed to hear
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8) sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

    Quote Originally Posted by YouDunKnowMeh View Post
    Metal beats plastic is all I needed to hear
    Well, metal and plastic does have their own advantages and disadvantages.

    Samsung is obviously sticking with plastic for that removable cover.
    Sent from my Lenovo IdeaPad Y410P/HTC One running InsertCoin 2.5 Sense 6.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8) sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

    Never really need my removable cover on my Nexus. I like using the little pin to remove my SIM and stuff. Never needed to replace a battery or have to swap it out before.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8) sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

    I agree with the list but it ain't going to change anything...as far as sales, Samsung will again dominate.

    I used to cry about removable battery but honestly I rarely took advantage of it. Besides today's Super Phones should/will last 12 hours.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: HTC One (M8) sales doc leaked - Shows 5 reasons why you should get the M8 over an S5.

    Samsung galaxy s5 has insanely good battery life...

    I think it bears almost everything out right now, even most phablets

    Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Convert carrier HTC One (M8) to unbranded stock?
    By fernandez21 in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-25-2014, 03:26 AM
  2. Would you recommend this phone?
    By Karen667 in forum Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2014, 09:17 PM
  3. Where can I get the kitkat update without paying for some FTP server?
    By bendernyc in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 01:48 PM
  4. Verizon Galaxy S5 buy one get one free "No Contract" question?
    By felloffthetruck in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2014, 04:07 PM
  5. New to Android and HTC One M8
    By TheStayHomeDad in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-12-2014, 09:11 AM

Posting Permissions