HTC One (M8): Wifi - Facebook issue

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that 90% of the time I am on wifi at my house Facebook will not load content. It will only show some stuff if previously loaded.
My computers, TVs, wife's iPhone 5...all work fine on my wifi. The only issue is Facebook on my phone.

Please advise...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
You can't uninstall FB on this phone. I cleared data, cache, and uninstalled updates....still has the issues. Anyone?

digitard

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
No issues here. So not 100% sure. Although I am in the Facebook beta program so the app updates like every other day for me.

Also: Not running the stock ROM. It did work fine when I did, but I've since run a "custom ROM" off XDA (ARHD5)

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here. About once or twice a day, while on wifi, the app won't update, even if I swipe to refresh manually. Force closing the app seems to fix it for a bit.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that 90% of the time I am on wifi at my house Facebook will not load content. It will only show some stuff if previously loaded.
My computers, TVs, wife's iPhone 5...all work fine on my wifi. The only issue is Facebook on my phone.

Please advise...

Works fine on WIFI for me.

Posted via Android Central App

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
How do you force close?

Press that button at the bottom right of your phone that shows all of your running apps. Then swipe up on Facebook and watch it disappear. Then go and reopen Facebook.

Posted via Android Central App

JasonNunez

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Please advise...

Would you happen to be on Verizon? The same thing is happening to me on wifi only.. I came from sprint and t-mobile but never had the problem before...

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Would you happen to be on Verizon? The same thing is happening to me on wifi only.. I came from sprint and t-mobile but never had the problem before...

No, Att.
I had to ditch the app, I put a browser shortcut to FB on my home page. Lame.

Andre Lord

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Same here, as soon as i turn wifi off and leave only the data plan work, facebook loads like a rocket. I've been looking at forums for advice for an hour or so without luck. Lots of morons saying that THEY dont have a problem accessing facebook themselves... yeah very usefull, why dont you go look for friends there instead of here...

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
We used to have that problem, only on Comcast. Not just my M8 my wife's S5 too. We would just stay on Sprint until Comcast changed our down from 50 to 110 for free, then it started working again.

markdc111

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I are having this same problem right now. Both have Verizon. We have Comcast internet. Facebook, Google hangouts, YouTube don't work right when on WiFi. But other apps do.

Anybody get any resolution for this issue?

sphiber

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
  1. Open page with the available "Wi-Fi" networks (Settings, WI-FI)
  2. Tap on the "3 dots" in the upper right corner
  3. "Wi-Fi Direct"
  4. Tap on the "3 dots" in the upper right corner
  5. "Rename device"
  6. Replace "Android_ed2c" with "HTC One" (or whatever you want) and hit "OK"

Last edited:

markdc111

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I tried that, still no luck.

I found posts on comcast's site about this but nobody said what they did to fix it. The best thing I saw was that it eventually started working right again.

sphiber

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I tried that, still no luck.

I found posts on comcast's site about this but nobody said what they did to fix it. The best thing I saw was that it eventually started working right again.
The other thing i did with my Router was switching from 802.11n+g To 802.11n+g+b, removing the saved network from the phone and readding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC