Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

Default Yahoo Email

Why is it alway's a pain in the bum to set up on a phone? I have done a search and come up with a few hits, but none have solved the problem for me. "Cannot connect" or "Unable to contact server" is all i get. Can anyone who has had success please post the settings they used in the walkthru? Thanks a ton.

Default Re: Yahoo Email

Can you give us a little more detail about what you're trying to do? Are you trying to connect your Yahoo email account to your stock Email app? Are you trying to install the Yahoo Mail app?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Are you trying to connect your Yahoo email account to your stock Email app?
    This is exactly what i am trying to do. I don't know if they changed the port/server, but either way i cannot connect.

It might just be a glitch on the Yahoo side. I have 2 accounts loaded on the stock e-mail app and earlier in the week they kept getting disconnected. I'd have to sign back in, then later it would happen again. Eventually I just removed both and then reinstalled them and it seems to be okay now.

Don't know if that helps or not, just thought I would share that I was having some Yahoo issues as well, but it seems to be corrected now. I haven't had any problems the last couple of days.

Posted via Android Central App

I also encountered a bit of oddness with Yahoo Mail, except not on my phone. I have my Yahoo mail imported into my Gmail account using the Gmail interface on the web. I recently changed my password on Yahoo due to the Heartbleed bug, and went to the Gmail settings on the web to change the Yahoo password there. It briefly gave me an error stating that I couldn't import unless I had Yahoo Mail Premium (the paid service)--it used to be that Yahoo wouldn't allow you to import your mail unless you gave them extra bucks. But that error went away after a refresh of the screen. Not sure if that has anything to do with your problems, but just a data point to show that there can be some glitches with the communication between the two.

Try adjusting your sync settings, see if that helps

Yahoo Email-uploadfromtaptalk1397342916419.jpg

sent from my HTC One M8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

Finally got it to go thru. For anyone experiencing the same problems, here is what got me straightened out. https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mobile/set...pressions=true
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You can also just use the Yahoo app. Yes, it's an extra app, but it's there just in case.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.