Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Euroskank CM10

Default Expert On M8 Reception Quality Please

So I went to Verizon today, intending on upgrading my Galaxy S4. Although the S4 is a versatile, robust phone offering tons of options, the reception SUCKS. Not one Verizon rep would comment about specific phone reception. They said, "All Verizon phones receive equal reception." So I asked why my phone has a dead signal at my work desk but my coworkers who use Motorola phones, get between 1-2 bars of signal and can send calls. We all use Verizon.

So the big question is: Has HTC produced the M8 radio to match or beat the quality of a Motorola radio? I'd buy a Motorola in a heartbeat if they came with better processors. I do a lot of gaming and multitasking, and quite frankly, they have some catching up to do. If my S4 got better reception I'd keep it. But - getting good reception is key. And if the M8 scores big in the reception category, that might be the phone I upgrade to.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Posted via Android Central App
    Pure mathematics is the only truth in our world.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,153 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Expert On M8 Reception Quality Please

Quote Originally Posted by Murph5150 View Post
    So I went to Verizon today, intending on upgrading my Galaxy S4. Although the S4 is a versatile, robust phone offering tons of options, the reception SUCKS. Not one Verizon rep would comment about specific phone reception. They said, "All Verizon phones receive equal reception." So I asked why my phone has a dead signal at my work desk but my coworkers who use Motorola phones, get between 1-2 bars of signal and can send calls. We all use Verizon.

So the big question is: Has HTC produced the M8 radio to match or beat the quality of a Motorola radio? I'd buy a Motorola in a heartbeat if they came with better processors. I do a lot of gaming and multitasking, and quite frankly, they have some catching up to do. If my S4 got better reception I'd keep it. But - getting good reception is key. And if the M8 scores big in the reception category, that might be the phone I upgrade to.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Posted via Android Central App
    Have you used a Moto X at all for an extended period of time? I could do whatever I wanted and it never slowed down. It also gets great battery life. It is a pretty stellar device IMO. I'm on AT&T, though, so my comments about signal might not apply to you.

I can't say that the X got a more "usable" signal than the M7 or M8 in any particular area. I'm also blessed with pretty good signal wherever I go, so that might also be a factor. There are places where AT&T LTE don't penetrate, and none of the phones I've taken to those places has gotten LTE while the others have not.

I will say that Moto has pretty "legendary" radios, and that in general you can't go wrong with them, Nokia, or BlackBerry as far as signal and reception go. Moto and Nokia have been around since the beginning of GSM (basically inventing it between the two of them) so it's no surprise they know what they're doing. BlackBerry is known for building their own RIL and tweaking it to perfection.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.