Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One battery problem.constant Intermittent "Awake" when screen is off

Hi

I have been trying to find a thread on a solution to my HTC One problem, however, I haven't been able to find one with the exact same symptoms.

The problem is, whenever I turn the screen off, something causes the phone to be "awake" intermittently. The first time this happened a while ago, was when i installed Battery doctor app. As soon as I uninstalled it, the problem was fixed. This time however, I have not installed any new apps.
    It only seems to happen when either wifi or network buttons are on.
    I'm thinking it may be this google drive thing that has only stated to show up on usage task after the 4.4.2 update.(I have no idea what it is and I don't want it:P)

Not sure if you can see, but from the images,(3.1) when wifi and network are off, the only time the phone is awake is when screen is on and there is almost zero battery discharge. As soon as I turn on wifi or network, the phone is intermittently awake even when the screen is off. From the pics, over night the network is on, even though there is no network signal as the screen is off. However the phone is stilll intermittently awake during this time and there is substantial battery discharge. sometimes the phone even completely dies by the morning.

Does anyone Know what is the cause, hope what I've written makes sense :P
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

HTC One battery  problem.constant  Intermittent "Awake"  when screen is off-1.1.jpgHTC One battery  problem.constant  Intermittent "Awake"  when screen is off-1.jpgHTC One battery  problem.constant  Intermittent "Awake"  when screen is off-4.1.jpgHTC One battery  problem.constant  Intermittent "Awake"  when screen is off-4.jpgHTC One battery  problem.constant  Intermittent "Awake"  when screen is off-5.jpgHTC One battery  problem.constant  Intermittent "Awake"  when screen is off-5.1.jpg

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC One battery problem.constant Intermittent "Awake" when screen is off

Quote Originally Posted by wilddagger550 View Post
    Hi

I have been trying to find a thread on a solution to my HTC One problem, however, I haven't been able to find one with the exact same symptoms.

The problem is, whenever I turn the screen off, something causes the phone to be "awake" intermittently. The first time this happened a while ago, was when i installed Battery doctor app. As soon as I uninstalled it, the problem was fixed. This time however, I have not installed any new apps.
    It only seems to happen when either wifi or network buttons are on.
    I'm thinking it may be this google drive thing that has only stated to show up on usage task after the 4.4.2 update.(I have no idea what it is and I don't want it:P)

Not sure if you can see, but from the images,(3.1) when wifi and network are off, the only time the phone is awake is when screen is on and there is almost zero battery discharge. As soon as I turn on wifi or network, the phone is intermittently awake even when the screen is off. From the pics, over night the network is on, even though there is no network signal as the screen is off. However the phone is stilll intermittently awake during this time and there is substantial battery discharge. sometimes the phone even completely dies by the morning.

Does anyone Know what is the cause, hope what I've written makes sense :P
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.1.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	112256Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	112257Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.1.jpg 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	112259Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	112258Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	112260Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.1.jpg 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	112261
    How much battery does it take off your phone?
    Because if you go to sleep with 100% and wake up with 95%, and the above stats, it's not terrible.
    Proud LG G2 Owner!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: HTC One battery problem.constant Intermittent "Awake" when screen is off

ah yeah, i had pics of that as well but didn't want to put too many up :P it can be around 30% over 9 hours ish. It seems like it discharges at a constant rate. looking at some of the other screenshot I took, it does look like around 10% every 3 hours, without having the screen on or doing anything.( But when wifi and network are off, its like prob less than 1% per 3 hours and would be as you say around 5% over night) For some reason, the screenshots I uploaded at don't show all the detail. There should be twice as many, more evenly spaced little bars in the "awake" line on the history screen shot.

The problem isn't necessarily your WiFi or network eating up your battery. When you don't have either on, nothing can refresh or sync. When you have them on, you may have a sync service that is chewing up your battery.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

It could be the gestures that are activated. Like double tap to wake. Ever since I disabled those, my phone hasn't been awake all the time.

Posted via Android Central App

I have a similar problem. You can see that mine is constantly waking even though I'm not using it. I know a couple of the marks are from syncing, because the time matches up, but at least 3/4 of them aren't. I tried changing most settings that would seem probable causes, but nothing really seems to change it. It's not like it's draining my battery though as you can see from the last screenshot, it just kind of bugs me that it's awake so much lol.

HTC One battery  problem.constant  Intermittent "Awake"  when screen is off-screenshot_2014-04-09-08-56-58.jpg HTC One battery  problem.constant  Intermittent "Awake"  when screen is off-screenshot_2014-04-10-15-35-50.jpg
    HTC One battery  problem.constant  Intermittent "Awake"  when screen is off-screenshot_2014-04-12-09-27-27.jpg HTC One battery  problem.constant  Intermittent "Awake"  when screen is off-screenshot_2014-04-12-09-27-41.jpg
    Mentor @ FRC# 3999

Besides syncing it could also be location reporting. If you are using push email that would have an impact also.

Posted via Android Central App
    Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    Besides syncing it could also be location reporting. If you are using push email that would have an impact also.
    I've turned it off and network scanning before, and it didn't help. I also have my email settings exactly the same as my three previous devices (I don't change any) that never did this. And I don't get very many emails anyway.
    Mentor @ FRC# 3999