Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ChrisGonzales90
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to make stock weather app on home screen transparent like it is on lock screen?

The stock weather app is fine for me, I believe it is the acuweather app. However, on the lock screen it is beautifully transparent, I'd like this same amount of transparency on the home screen after i unlock it. As of now, its transparent at the lock screen. Then, once i unlock it, it is the classic white with black lettering. Id rather it be transparent like it is on the lock screen. I am not sure how to do this.

Thanks!

Austin
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: How to make stock weather app on home screen transparent like it is on lock screen?

Also, I did look into getting other apps however none of them have the same layout as the stock one when you click on it to see the forecast for the following days of the week etc.... So that seems to be an issue

Default Re: How to make stock weather app on home screen transparent like it is on lock screen?

You can't.
    HTC is not known for customability.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,647 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None

Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    You can't.
    HTC is not known for customability.

Posted via Android Central App
    oh really?

How to make stock weather app on home screen transparent like it is on lock screen?-jackrabbitthemes-combo.jpg

How to make stock weather app on home screen transparent like it is on lock screen?-choose_scene.png

Its mostly why HTC sense existed in the first place. To give consumers a way top customize your phones back when Android looked like crap....

Quote Originally Posted by Figurato View Post
    The stock weather app is fine for me, I believe it is the acuweather app. However, on the lock screen it is beautifully transparent, I'd like this same amount of transparency on the home screen after i unlock it. As of now, its transparent at the lock screen. Then, once i unlock it, it is the classic white with black lettering. Id rather it be transparent like it is on the lock screen. I am not sure how to do this.

Thanks!

Austin
    the app is by HTC. Just the data is my acuweather. The widget turns black at night. Aside from the classic weather clock those are your only choices. You can download a 3rd party one.
    B0WIE likes this.

OP I use 1Weather and it does this. So does beautiful widgets and numerous other third party apps.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app