Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ridiculous Bluetooth

My HTC one m7 always connected to my bluetooth headset the brand is called Jay bird and it would connect in my Ford Sync I bought the HTC One m8 on Thursday and it will not connect to my headset or my bluetooth talk to HTC representative on the help chat Us website and she basically told me it was not compatible and I think that is complete bulls##t because I spent almost $150 on these headphones before and I've had the car for the last three years so what do they expect me to do get rid of my car and my headset because they won't connect?

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

Default Re: Ridiculous Bluetooth

Blue tooth connectivity issues are well known and more than likely HTC is going to have to address this with a software update. I also have issues connecting to paired devices. A lot of times it doesn't connect automatically and when I do it manually it takes about three tries. This is the only thing driving me nuts.
    Last edited by jd914; 04-13-2014 at 08:48 PM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm just floored. The lady was like maybe I can talk to your dealer. No ma'am BC it's not their fault.it worked on your m7. Why won't it work on your m8

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

I have some Jaybirds and they pair with my M8 just fine.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

I have a mustang with sync and I had no issues with it connecting

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Can you gentlemen explain what ya did? I just turn on Bluetooth and it searches and searches but never shows by device

I have parrot ziks connected and Jabra Roks and also jawbone era2 and no issue with any of those. I place them in pairing mode and scan for device and it sees them. Now that they are in the list soon as I turn them on they connect. *i never turn bluetooth off*

I have a 09 Genesis with older bluetooth, and my M8 connected just fine.

My sliver 2, Motorola s305 and my LG sound bar connected no probl!

Sent from my busa!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Alright gentlemen!! Sorry for sounding like a grouch earlier.... frustrated well after calming down as we men sometimes never do lol I finally got it to find my Jaybird head set. i just clicked all three buttons at same time and the headphone's voice said searching and it popped up on my phone and paired ! So now just gotta get it in my Ford and I am set

Quote Originally Posted by tigerNamedtony07 View Post
    Alright gentlemen!! Sorry for sounding like a grouch earlier.... frustrated well after calming down as we men sometimes never do lol I finally got it to find my Jaybird head set. i just clicked all three buttons at same time and the headphone's voice said searching and it popped up on my phone and paired ! So now just gotta get it in my Ford and I am set
    Update us if you get Sync to connect. I'm seriously looking at this phone, but it would be a major issue for me if I couldn't play my music through bluetooth.

I had issues connecting my car's bluetooth to the M8, but I found out it was because my old phone was still attaching to the car. Do you still have the old phone that was attached on? Once I turned off the old phone, my car was able to connect to the M8 and it's been connected ever since. I know, that's probably stupid, but it was my problem. I haven't had any further issues with the bluetooth.
    Proud owner of: Droid Turbo Ballistic Nylon 64GB & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, M8, White LG G3, and iPhone 6
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonJay21 View Post
    Update us if you get Sync to connect. I'm seriously looking at this phone, but it would be a major issue for me if I couldn't play my music through bluetooth.

Will work on it as soon as i get home BrandonJay21
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    I had issues connecting my car's bluetooth to the M8, but I found out it was because my old phone was still attaching to the car. Do you still have the old phone that was attached on? Once I turned off the old phone, my car was able to connect to the M8 and it's been connected ever since. I know, that's probably stupid, but it was my problem. I haven't had any further issues with the bluetooth.
    scotty yeah i had the old one in and i made sure to delete it. It wouldn't find it. After my jaybirds got connected, im hoping my ford will be snap when i get home

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

I've had zero problems with bluetooth, my M8 has paired easily with my Jaybird Blubuds, Hyundai Elantra, Bose Mini Speaker, and my Beats Studio.
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

had mine since end of march and have had almost no Bluetooth issues. pairing with jvc car deck, lg headphones,pebble watch. In last few days i have noticed it not auto connect as quick a few times and disconnect and reconnect when connected to car (not while playing anything though). Could be from new pebble apps too so i am not concerned as it has been very minor.

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts

For the FORD I had no issues, either.

I have a 2011 Explorer w/ Ford MyTouch (SYNC) and it works just fine.

Just make sure the car is in park. Go to settings. Phone. Add Device. Then when it pops up the bluetooth sync code hit scan on your phone and it should find SYNC.

Not sure if its different for the non-MyTouch units but in general I haven't had any issues. SYNC'd first time, and actually compared to my LG G2 it shows the pics of the callers once my phonebook sync'd which my LG G2 didn't. Streams audio fine (Pandora, Stitcher, Google Music, etc) through the audio profile. No issues to report at all.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,608 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by buckifvr View Post
    I've had zero problems with bluetooth, my M8 has paired easily with my Jaybird Blubuds, Hyundai Elantra, Bose Mini Speaker, and my Beats Studio.
    I take this back. When I first got my M8, I had trouble pairing with my Bose Mini Speaker. It turned out not to be the phone but operator error. My M8 was unable to pair with the speaker because the speaker was already automatically paired with my old phone (which was still powered on). Once I realized what the problem was and turned off bluetooth on my old phone. After that, my M8 paired with the speaker with no problems whatsoever. Seems kinda silly and rudimentary, but since we probably all have multiple devices that utilize bluetooth (ie. phones, tablets, iPods/mp3 players, laptops), its something to keep in mind if having problems pairing with a device.
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

Mine connects to 3 different devices (all different brands) flawlessly....

I have two htc One M8's I just got last week.

* Neither can see my Logitech Wireless Headset A-00031 or connect to it. I have tried everything on BOTH phones so it's not the head set.... it seems to be both phones. *

I can connect the head set to ever other device.

I have paired them both M8 units to:

1 Motorola 720 head set
    2 Nissan Maxima
    3 Motorola W755 phone
    4. LG Octane phone
    5. Thinkpad T430S

I have paired the Logitech headset to pretty much everything
    4 rental cars, Nissan Altima, 2 Kindles, Samsung Tab 3 10.1, Motorola W755 phone LG Octane phone, 4 different Thinkpads

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Its pretty bad in my Chevy Volt. I can't stream music at all if my Pebble is connected to the M8 and if I turn off the pebble it's still choppy.

I think HTC will fix via a software update.

Has anyone had the problem where it pairs fine but streaming from wifi and sending it to the bluetooth device (headset in my case) causes the wifi to go down?

I think it might be a hardware problem as I think the wifi and bluetooth share the same attenna.

No problems here streaming from Play Music to my Bluetooth speaker

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

I also had issues pairing my M8 with my Dension adapter. Seems like the best method is to clear all existing devices and start from scratch following pairing directions precisely. Seems the M8 is not as forgiving as some other devices.