Unrooting HTC One M8

Iman AshBurn

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
hey guys so i tried reflashing stock recovery to my device but i got this instead.

Capture.PNG

the thread didn't have the exact stock recovery that i needed so i just picked one with the same base instead. holy crap i just wanna get back to stock hahaha!

danmaytee

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
yes i do! i was thinking of just restoring to the next update if that's possible?

You need to flash the stock recovery 1st dude. Extract the OTA update you have downloaded and somewhere in that will be "recovery.img". You then want to flash that recovery using the toolkit and then hopefully all will be well!

blackdragon79

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I need to take this phone back Monday. The problem is I cant get S off to remove the tamped flag is there a work around using HTC tool kit? I noticed it had the option to relock bootloader

garzaroberto14

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello I am on the sprint htc one m8 model but not the harmon kardon edition. I rooted it and installed android revolution hd rom but i just want to have back like when i bought it; unrooted and the fresh new stock. what do i have to do?

KCadhit

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Try using this program posted here.
Now for the next part... Grab a copy of a stock rom from here (make sure you choose the right one). Once downloaded put it into these folders on the phone memory (or sd card just make sure you change it in recovery if you do) "TWRP\Backups\". Once done click "RESTORE" In TWRP Recovery and it should write the rom for you.

Hope all goes well and I hope all this works ok for you :). Let me know how you get on.

Hey, just a question. How do I know which is the right stock ROM? I'm on Rogers and version 1.54.401.5, but theres a few ones with that version ID and not sure which to get. Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Nevermind, managed to fix everything and return to as stock as possible (still rooted, but that's fine)

Last edited:

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello I am on the sprint htc one m8 model but not the harmon kardon edition. I rooted it and installed android revolution hd rom but i just want to have back like when i bought it; unrooted and the fresh new stock. what do i have to do?

You'll probably have to flash an RUU. Make sure it is the correct one for your phone.

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app

anthonyruiz25

May 6, 2011
Visit site
hey there, i also want to do an ota, ive done everything i needed, restored stock rom, unrooted, flashed stock recovery, relocked bootloader, but when i take the ota, it begins fine, i get the recovery icon with the bar filling up under it and then it stops about a third of the way up and then the icon tuns to the red triangle and it stays that way, can anyone help please...

Toby Moore1

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, you seem a very knowledgeable helpful group, I was wondering if anyone could help me please?

I bought a HTC M8 from O2 yesterday and immediately rooted it in order to install adblocker and best use titanium backup, however after I did this I got an update notification that won't go away telling me that there is an update for my phone. (4.4.3 security update)

I want this update, not least to avoid the constant nagging about it on screen, but I can't unroot my phone.

I've used the getvar tool and ascertained that I have an O2 cid 2___001 and a version main of 1.54.206.10.

I've looked everywhere for these files and cannot find them, I'm getting pretty desperate now.

Another option would be to install a custom rom with update already installed, but the 2 I've tried so far have either not had wifi or couldn't even get into settings on another, please please please help.

Many thanks in advance.

teknokill

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get rid of the tampered banner today. I just need to unroot, so I can get my phone back in for warranty repair. My Bootloader reads out "software status official" on the top of my screen.

Teknokill

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy