Amazed by the battery...

Jun Alcanites

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
there is definitely wrong with my M8. I just did a hard reset on mine at 12:10 noon. the only app I downloaded is the GSAM. I have lost 14% of batt power in the last 2 hours.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Without having to charge it ?

Yup, it's definitely possible. Here's a screenshot from a couple of days ago. I didn't have power saving mode on, but I have things like sync and location settings turned off.

uploadfromtaptalk1397695612828.jpg

sent from my HTC One M8

m22run

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Well I figured that go to settings but we're in settings? Sorry I'm not that great with phones.

Posted via Android Central App

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Wifi, mobile data, display & gestures, accounts & sync.

I suggest going through all the settings so you can be more familiar with your phone.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

JoeMimic

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Screenshot_2014-04-17-06-33-14.jpg

Here's a screenshot of mine. I have a feeling it'd be even better if my work didn't have crappy reception. I usually unplug at 100% at 10pm and it lasts until 5pm the next day. (I do spend probably the last hour or so in extreme saving mode though)

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have been but I need to know what should be turned off for a better battery life.

Posted via Android Central App

Turn off auto sync in accounts & sync
Turn off Location in location (or leave it on and change mode to battery saving mode)
In Wifi setting, under advanced Wifi select Wifi optimization and Auto-switch to mobile network
Under Mobile Data try setting preferred network to Global Mode
Under Display & Gestures, uncheck Auto brightness and adjust the brightness level as low as possible and still be acceptable. And adjust your screen timeout to 45 secs or less.

After you make the changes, I recommend you shutdown your M8 for a minute and then power back up to make sure everything resets and closes out any unneeded or rogue apps.

Jun Alcanites

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Turn off auto sync in accounts & sync
Turn off Location in location (or leave it on and change mode to battery saving mode)
In Wifi setting, under advanced Wifi select Wifi optimization and Auto-switch to mobile network
Under Mobile Data try setting preferred network to Global Mode
Under Display & Gestures, uncheck Auto brightness and adjust the brightness level as low as possible and still be acceptable. And adjust your screen timeout to 45 secs or less.

After you make the changes, I recommend you shutdown your M8 for a minute and then power back up to make sure everything resets and closes out any unneeded or rogue apps.

I did all of these. Wifi, mobile data, gps, nfc bluetooth are all off. account sand sync is off. Location is off. Still I am down to 87% at 11:00 AM. I was at 100% at 7 AM today. I even had to go to Verizon to have my phone swapped yesterday. GSAM says screen is 50%. My brightness setting is about 1/3 right under the 'v' in the word level. Screen timeout is 45 seconds..I have not made a single phone call, a single text, or go to any website.

Also from the app Manager, I disabled amazon kindle, amazon mp3, audible, google playbooks, google play movies, google play music, google play newstand, google text, imdb, isis wallet, message+, my infozone, nfl mobile, play games, slacker radio, verizon,,,,

My phone has become a glorified calculator.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
You must have something still running in the background. If you have not already done so, try rebooting.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

LCFC Tom

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
qyjeqa3y.jpg
using Tapatalk

Nearly 9hrs of screen time including about 1hr and a bit of gaming. plants v zombies was a battery killer

Sent from my HTC One_M8

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
No battery saving used (the icon is there because it automatically turns on at 15%). I keep my screen brightness as low as possible and was on Wi-Fi the entire time. I think this is pretty good, and I wasn't even really trying either

View attachment 112708

sent from my HTC One M8

Just what the hell is letting you guys get 5+ hours of on screen time more than my M7 lol. I hope that Sense 6 has a lot to do with this.