Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Amazed by the battery...

To start I would post a screenshot, but AC app does not allow it, boo....

I am amazed by the battery on the M8. Full day of use after unplugging at 8am today, 3:30 of screen on time per GSam, and still at 38% at 11:15pm. My Nexus 4 would have died hours ago.....

Might just be my favorite thing about the phone.

from the AC App on my M8

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2 Stable

Default Re: Amazed by the battery...

I agree, battery life is greater than expected and it's about the same as my old evo 4g lte

Posted via Android Central App
    Moto Q9C------->Palm PRE------->Palm PRE--------->EVO 4G------>EVO 4G LTE------>HTC One M8
    susanoo26 likes this.

The battery life of this phone is so good, I often wonder if it's reading correctly. I unplug mine at 8 am, use it all day long, and around midnight I still have around 40% of my battery. Outstanding.

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imnraged View Post
    The battery life of this phone is so good, I often wonder if it's reading correctly. I unplug mine at 8 am, use it all day long, and around midnight I still have around 40% of my battery. Outstanding.
    Mine too, I really am amazed at the battery life on the M8, I had totally given up on HTC after owning a Vivid a couple of years ago that phone was dead by noon everyday. This phone is just amazing, was worried I was going to have buyers remorse after the Galaxy S5 came out, but after playing with one and realizing it's really not much different than the S3 or S4 I'm happy with my decision on the M8.

My old One X was always on the charger and if I was out and about, I'd be very lucky to get 6 hours. With the M8, I've never even gotten in the low region. Night comes before the battery gets low.

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts

Yes!!! Currently on my 17th hour using the phone hard like every other phone and at 35%. Totally unexpected the s5 was garbage.

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Amazed by the battery...-uploadfromtaptalk1397531897497.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

Wow...

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts

i'd like to know how everyone is getting great battery life. I just ripped thru 11% in 55 minutes off a fresh overnight charge. All from just surfing the web on my dolphin browser. Very disappointed so far. Especially knowing i can't just pop in a new battery. Hate being attached to a wall socket.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts

Yeah, my battery life is better then my M7, but nowhere near what people are saying in this thread... unless they aren't touching their phones at all?
    Thanked by 2:
    dmack0706 likes this.

I'm also not getting crazy results like others mention it's got amazing standby time but losing a lot when I'm actually using the device

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Well I turned off gps when I'm not using it, or at least placed it to battery saving mode.

I also turned off wifi when I'm connected to a mobile network and turned off mobile phone network when I'm connected to wifi. This is done via the quick settings toggles in the notification drawer

Turned off NFC completely. Brightness set to auto and I run the standard power saving mode. I get almost 8-12 hours of juice with out doing a quick charge. This is with moderate use.

My cell phone history for the last decade.

2005/2006: Motorola W315, Motorola razr
    2007: Motorola W385
    2008: HTC shadow
    2009/2010: Motorola i335, Motorola i9, Blackbery 8330,
    2010: HTC EVO 4G
    2011: HTC EVO 3D, HTC rezound
    2012: HTC EVO LTE
    2014: HTC ONE M8.

I'm blown away by the battery life so far, especially compared to the N5 where I was lucky to get 3.5h of screen time (using custom kernel, undervoltage, turning things off) and here's a screenshot of the M8 from last night with Google Now, High Accuracy location and push emails for three accounts. I do use Greenify to hibernate offending apps like Facebook, FB Messenger, Twitter and others. It's also rooted with Xposed Framework+Gravity installed but still running stock ROM and kernel.

Attachment 112697

My battery life is reasonable, not amazing but then I can't be bothered to shut anything off when not using it so to be expected.
    It goes very slowly generally when it's asleep but when I start using it I certainly warm it up a little

No battery saving used (the icon is there because it automatically turns on at 15%). I keep my screen brightness as low as possible and was on Wi-Fi the entire time. I think this is pretty good, and I wasn't even really trying either

Amazed by the battery...-uploadfromtaptalk1397578069544.jpg

sent from my HTC One M8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

How many days did it take for your batteries to settle in friends

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts

Mine was working well the day after I gave it a full charge

Mine on Verizon tends to drain kind of fast. Maybe it's not calibrated but idk haha. How are people getting that amazing 8 hours of screen D:

Quote Originally Posted by AKFL3TCH3R View Post
    Mine on Verizon tends to drain kind of fast. Maybe it's not calibrated but idk haha. How are people getting that amazing 8 hours of screen D:

It's not about calibration, it's about optimization. I turn my screen brightness down as low as I can, which is usually at 0 or the 1st level (via quick toggles). I also use Wi-Fi at all possible times and turn sync COMPLETELY off. To me, sync settings tend to be the number one battery killer, besides of course the display. These are just a few things that helped me, there are a ton of other settings to help with battery life. Wi-Fi optimization, power saving mode, and location settings off can also contribute significantly.

Battery life for me is almost on par with my Note 3, which was nothing short of impressive.

Current Devices:
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

there is definitely wrong with my M8. I just did a hard reset on mine at 12:10 noon. the only app I downloaded is the GSAM. I have lost 14% of batt power in the last 2 hours.

I need help with my battery it was at 18% at 4:00 I took it off at 9:00

I'm also getting excellent battery life. Have hit 7 hours screen on time, which feels fantastic!

Without having to charge it ?

Quote Originally Posted by m22run View Post
    Without having to charge it ?
    Yup, it's definitely possible. Here's a screenshot from a couple of days ago. I didn't have power saving mode on, but I have things like sync and location settings turned off.

Amazed by the battery...-uploadfromtaptalk1397695612828.jpg

sent from my HTC One M8
    Almeuit likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast