Amazed by the battery...

bucketheadmn

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
To start I would post a screenshot, but AC app does not allow it, boo....

I am amazed by the battery on the M8. Full day of use after unplugging at 8am today, 3:30 of screen on time per GSam, and still at 38% at 11:15pm. My Nexus 4 would have died hours ago.....

Might just be my favorite thing about the phone.

from the AC App on my M8

92turbo2

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree, battery life is greater than expected and it's about the same as my old evo 4g lte

Posted via Android Central App

imnraged

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
The battery life of this phone is so good, I often wonder if it's reading correctly. I unplug mine at 8 am, use it all day long, and around midnight I still have around 40% of my battery. Outstanding.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
The battery life of this phone is so good, I often wonder if it's reading correctly. I unplug mine at 8 am, use it all day long, and around midnight I still have around 40% of my battery. Outstanding.

Mine too, I really am amazed at the battery life on the M8, I had totally given up on HTC after owning a Vivid a couple of years ago that phone was dead by noon everyday. This phone is just amazing, was worried I was going to have buyers remorse after the Galaxy S5 came out, but after playing with one and realizing it's really not much different than the S3 or S4 I'm happy with my decision on the M8.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
My old One X was always on the charger and if I was out and about, I'd be very lucky to get 6 hours. With the M8, I've never even gotten in the low region. Night comes before the battery gets low.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes!!! Currently on my 17th hour using the phone hard like every other phone and at 35%. Totally unexpected the s5 was garbage.

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
i'd like to know how everyone is getting great battery life. I just ripped thru 11% in 55 minutes off a fresh overnight charge. All from just surfing the web on my dolphin browser. Very disappointed so far. Especially knowing i can't just pop in a new battery. Hate being attached to a wall socket.

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, my battery life is better then my M7, but nowhere near what people are saying in this thread... unless they aren't touching their phones at all?

aandrew610

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm also not getting crazy results like others mention it's got amazing standby time but losing a lot when I'm actually using the device

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Well I turned off gps when I'm not using it, or at least placed it to battery saving mode.

I also turned off wifi when I'm connected to a mobile network and turned off mobile phone network when I'm connected to wifi. This is done via the quick settings toggles in the notification drawer

Turned off NFC completely. Brightness set to auto and I run the standard power saving mode. I get almost 8-12 hours of juice with out doing a quick charge. This is with moderate use.

patrikr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm blown away by the battery life so far, especially compared to the N5 where I was lucky to get 3.5h of screen time (using custom kernel, undervoltage, turning things off) and here's a screenshot of the M8 from last night with Google Now, High Accuracy location and push emails for three accounts. I do use Greenify to hibernate offending apps like Facebook, FB Messenger, Twitter and others. It's also rooted with Xposed Framework+Gravity installed but still running stock ROM and kernel.

View attachment 112697

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
My battery life is reasonable, not amazing but then I can't be bothered to shut anything off when not using it so to be expected.
It goes very slowly generally when it's asleep but when I start using it I certainly warm it up a little ;)

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
No battery saving used (the icon is there because it automatically turns on at 15%). I keep my screen brightness as low as possible and was on Wi-Fi the entire time. I think this is pretty good, and I wasn't even really trying either

uploadfromtaptalk1397578069544.jpg

sent from my HTC One M8

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine on Verizon tends to drain kind of fast. Maybe it's not calibrated but idk haha. How are people getting that amazing 8 hours of screen D:

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine on Verizon tends to drain kind of fast. Maybe it's not calibrated but idk haha. How are people getting that amazing 8 hours of screen D:

It's not about calibration, it's about optimization. I turn my screen brightness down as low as I can, which is usually at 0 or the 1st level (via quick toggles). I also use Wi-Fi at all possible times and turn sync COMPLETELY off. To me, sync settings tend to be the number one battery killer, besides of course the display. These are just a few things that helped me, there are a ton of other settings to help with battery life. Wi-Fi optimization, power saving mode, and location settings off can also contribute significantly.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Battery life for me is almost on par with my Note 3, which was nothing short of impressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs