Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The details

I'm loving the M8 right now. There are plenty if reasons why, most people know about the larger things such as the build or screen, but I thought it would be nice to list some of the smaller things, the details, that impress you about this phone. I'll list mine

1. The champhered edge around the cameras, they look really nice and just add some sophistication to the look.

2. Being able to disable the automatic at&t WiFi connect. This has bugged me with all my at&t phones (including my iPhone), I'll be driving along streaming music, when at a red light streaming will just stop and I look and there is a Starbucks on the corner and my phone is trying to connect to their WiFi. Love that I can disable that.

3. The vibrating motor. In most handsets the vibrating motor is either too weak or makes a rattling noise when active. Glad to see the vibrator on the M8 is strong but doesn't make the phone rattle.

ROM
    ICS 4.0.3

Default Re: The details

The vibrate motor doesn't make the phone rattle because the phone is made of metal. That rattling is mostly caused by the material of the phone being plastic. Plastic parts shake, the aluminum on the One does not.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Default Re: The details

Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    I'm loving the M8 right now. There are plenty if reasons why, most people know about the larger things such as the build or screen, but I thought it would be nice to list some of the smaller things, the details, that impress you about this phone. I'll list mine

1. The champhered edge around the cameras, they look really nice and just add some sophistication to the look.

2. Being able to disable the automatic at&t WiFi connect. This has bugged me with all my at&t phones (including my iPhone), I'll be driving along streaming music, when at a red light streaming will just stop and I look and there is a Starbucks on the corner and my phone is trying to connect to their WiFi. Love that I can disable that.

3. The vibrating motor. In most handsets the vibrating motor is either too weak or makes a rattling noise when active. Glad to see the vibrator on the M8 is strong but doesn't make the phone rattle.
    I wholeheartedly agree on point 2. I swore I'd leave ATT because of that but they hooked me up with a special rate plan so I stayed and, thankfully, the M8 doesn't lock in att Wi-Fi. Those hot spots are at nearly every major intersection in my neighborhood and when driving it would screw up my streaming as the phone would grab a weak Wi-Fi signal and not let go.