Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default M8 Battery vs Droid Maxx Battery

I'm considering the M8 because of the build quality and I like GUI that r close to stock android as possible. I currently have the droid Maxx but I travel a lot and run out of storage when I download movies and music files. I keep them on my phone so I can watch them in airplane mode. My concern with the M8 is the battery compared to the Maxx. The Maxx better would last me two days on a single charge with energy to spare.

To the people currently using the M8 ... How is the battery life?

Default Re: M8 Battery vs Droid Maxx Battery

For adding memory to your Maxx, try a Meenova or similar device. It is a usb-otg that has a slot for a micro sd card and plugs into the phone. However, with kit Kat you will need some app downloads to make it work. Do a Google search for 4.4 breaks usb-otg.
    The Meenova is only $12 and the size of a quarter will hold 64gb of media.

Also a nice add for your Maxx is a Tylt Vu wireless charger. No noise, no heat, no positional worry... Just works great.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

Coming from the older Maxx HD, if you were getting 2 days out of your Maxx, you're going to get just over a day with this phone. My suggestion is that you plug it in at night. That's all. Carry a charger with you when you travel and plug it in beside the hotel bed and you'll be fine.

817 Posts
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts

You could always get an external battery to extend the life. I use a small 8000mah one when I go camping.

Sent from my HTC One M8 via Tapatalk 4 Pro