Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By blackdogAC
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9 RC1/Stock

Question Deleted Photos Keep Returning

Have unlocked HTC One M8 on T-Mobile with all pics getting saved to SD card. Try as a I might I cannot get pics I delete to stay deleted. It looks like when I delete them using QuickPic that they are deleted but a short while later they are back. Used File Manager to try and delete them from SD card but when I do I get the error message shown in the attached screenshot. Not sure what I need to do to fix this but guessing I missing something simple. Suggestions?

Thanks.

Eddie
    Deleted Photos Keep Returning-screenshot_2014-04-14-13-28-07.jpg

Default Re: Deleted Photos Keep Returning

Try deleting them with the stock Gallery app. There is something about how KitKat does not allow access to SD Card from 3rd party apps.. maybe someone else can elaborate.
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off

Global Posts
    1,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ugxvibe View Post
    Try deleting them with the stock Gallery app. There is something about how KitKat does not allow access to SD Card from 3rd party apps.. maybe someone else can elaborate.
    I have photos saved on my micro SD card, and I have no problem deleting them using the stock gallery app.
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

^ I think this is correct. KK is throwing a lot of people off because there's a whole new set of rules/permissions that we aren't used to and not every app developer has gotten with the program.

Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Don't use rogue apps. The stock app deletes them just fine.

Posted via Android Central App
    My cell phone history for the last decade.

2005/2006: Motorola W315, Motorola razr
    2007: Motorola W385
    2008: HTC shadow
    2009/2010: Motorola i335, Motorola i9, Blackbery 8330,
    2010: HTC EVO 4G
    2011: HTC EVO 3D, HTC rezound
    2012: HTC EVO LTE
    2014: HTC ONE M8.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9 RC1/Stock

Never new Quick Pic or File Manager were "rogue" apps! Tried deleting photos using stock gallery app but the photos don't show up on that app. Yet I see they there when using Quick Pic and File Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harrington View Post
    Never new Quick Pic or File Manager were "rogue" apps! Tried deleting photos using stock gallery app but the photos don't show up on that app. Yet I see they there when using Quick Pic and File Manager.

What about connecting the phone to a PC and deleting them from the SD card?
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off

Global Posts
    1,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Harrington View Post

Sounds like your pics are in a different folder than what the stock gallery app uses.
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

What about connecting the phone to a PC and deleting them from the SD card?
    And this is where we're at with Android 4.2....great...thanks google...thanks a bunch.
    Maybe we could hook up to an iPhone to get this to work? Maybe send smoke signals?
    jayayseekay likes this.

Global Posts
    1,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

I would transfer any important pics to a computer, and then reformat the micro SD card in the phone, and then select that you want your pics saved to the SD card, and use the gallery app from there.

Global Posts
    1,593 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by blackdogAC View Post
    And this is where we're at with Android 4.2....great...thanks google...thanks a bunch.
    Maybe we could hook up to an iPhone to get this to work? Maybe send smoke signals?
    Its not a big deal, it sounds like your apps are putting the pics is specific folders that the gallery app does not use.

The KK update is really well thought out and doesn't allow applications to randomly save your files wherever they please. They must create their own directory and I personally prefer this approach.

I am having the same issue with my Verizon M8. I initially used the stock ap and had this issue so I downloaded quickpick and it was deleting pictures properly for a while. Now I am back to the pictures repopulating after deleting them with both the ap and directly from the directory.

The problem with formatting the card is that I have a bunch of aps and music on the card which I would have to download again. Anyone with other ideas?

Thanks

same problem here with my xperia z1c with stock rom. i am thinking of switching to iphone 6. google music app cant delete music put on SD card by me.sigh