HTC One (M8): Camera Lens Issue

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC One (M8): Camera lens cover issue

It's true and also there have been many reports of the camera not working.

Posted via Android Central App

Verizon made an announcement saying they will exchange all the s5's with faulty cameras. It's most definitely a widespread problem

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Haven't seen those reports.
We(consumers) should put up with such a significant flaw. The company needs to put out a tested product.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yup, right here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/380899-galaxy-s5-camera-lens-cracked.html

This is just on this forum too, I have no idea how many other people who aren't on android central or any other android forum with the same issue

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

With such an important spot being so weak and prone to scratches I'm thinking of jumping back over the Samsung. Build quality is the thing that brought me to the M8.
The camera already stinks. Scratches and broken covers will make it unusable.

Just so you know, I don't have a single scratch on my lens cover and I'm running my phone completely naked. It's all in how you use it

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

Just so you know, I don't have a single scratch on my lens cover and I'm running my phone completely naked. It's all in how you use it

Cool. Happy for you. Seriously. Wish I had your device.

At the same time, if many people report the issue, wouldn't you want it addressed, regardless if it effects you?
I. E. A lot of people claimed not to have the reception frame antenna issue on the iPhone 4, despite others saying it was a real problem for them. After the dust settled, Apple did make a huge oversight and had to address it.
Therefore, no need to claim the phone is without flaw when others experience a real manufacturing issue. It's better for everyone when the companies see weakness and improve on them. That's how progress happens.

Signed,
An engineer for one of the largest companies in the world.

bsibaja

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site

It's true and also there have been many reports of the camera not working.

I have seen the issues with camera software on the S5, but nothing about the lens breaking!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I have seen the issues with camera software on the S5, but nothing about the lens breaking!

Look at my post above, I linked the s5 forum where there are reports of the lens cover breaking

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

It's not the software. It's bad camera hardware. No software fix.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Cool. Happy for you. Seriously. Wish I had your device.

At the same time, if many people report the issue, wouldn't you want it addressed, regardless if it effects you?
I. E. A lot of people claimed not to have the reception frame antenna issue on the iPhone 4, despite others saying it was a real problem for them. After the dust settled, Apple did make a huge oversight and had to address it.
Therefore, no need to claim the phone is without flaw when others experience a real manufacturing issue. It's better for everyone when the companies see weakness and improve on them. That's how progress happens.

Signed,
An engineer for one of the largest companies in the world.

I was letting you know that it's not a design flaw, it's how the person uses it. I don't baby my device and I haven't had a single issue, which means that the lens cover isn't the issue, it's the user.

That's like saying, my screen broke cause they used glass, it must be a design flaw. When we all know glass scratches and breaks. You can't expect them to make these things indestructible, and honestly they hold up very well (especially the m7 and now the m8) over time.

bsibaja

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site

I was letting you know that it's not a design flaw, it's how the person uses it. I don't baby my device and I haven't had a single issue, which means that the lens cover isn't the issue, it's the user.

That's like saying, my screen broke cause they used glass, it must be a design flaw. When we all know glass scratches and breaks. You can't expect them to make these things indestructible, and honestly they hold up very well (especially the m7 and now the m8) over time.

I used my device lightly, with a case, several of us have, I see what you are saying, but still, I did not mistreat this phone in any way.

So how did it happen?

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the info. You either think we are lying about the flaw or are careless and incompetent. I'm not sure about the others, but I'm neither. I assume others are having legit issue too, I'll believe their testimony.
You just don't get it. I know what kind of person I was talking to now. Have a good day, I'm not interested in replying any further.

bsibaja

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site

And HTC just blew me off by saying that this lens issue is probably "damage caused by the user". I'd have to send it back via mail and they would assess the damage to confirm that it is in fact manufacturer's defect. I will have to pay for any repairs or they'll send the phone back.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. You either think we are lying about the flaw or are careless and incompetent. I'm not sure about the others, but I'm neither. I assume others are having legit issue too, I'll believe their testimony.
You just don't get it. I know what kind of person I was talking to now. Have a good day, I'm not interested in replying any further.

I never said you were incompetent, I'm just saying I haven't had a single issue, as well as numerous people on this forum. You very well might have a legit issue, but that doesn't mean every m8 is affected.

Good luck and I hope you figure out your issue. Go buy a Samsung and hope you don't have the same problems as others have reported

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

And HTC just blew me off by saying that this lens issue is probably "damage caused by the user". I'd have to send it back via mail and they would assess the damage to confirm that it is in fact manufacturer's defect. I will have to pay for any repairs or they'll send the phone back.

Does that mean they think you're incompetent too?

bsibaja

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site

I dont care what they think. I've seen enough. Really wanted this HTC to work for me, clearly it's just not for me.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I dont care what they think. I've seen enough. Really wanted this HTC to work for me, clearly it's just not for me.

But you cared what I think? Good luck man, I hope everything works out for you

bsibaja

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site

But you cared what I think? Good luck man, I hope everything works out for you

Well, it's a forum, we talk back and forth. What's the issue mate? Should I have ignored you?

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, it's a forum, we talk back and forth. What's the issue mate? Should I have ignored you?

I realize now that I've been replying to you thinking you were the other guy. I apologize if I offended you, it wasn't my intention.

bsibaja

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site

Lol its ok. this stuff gets confusing at times. Too many people replying.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Lol its ok. this stuff gets confusing at times. Too many people replying.

That and I've been sleep deprived for the last two months. Kids will do that to you I guess lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer