SMS sometimes not sending

hdradaza

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Randomly (maybe 30% of the time) i cannot send sms out. It will be message failed. It is like that with different apps (messaging, hangout, gosms etx)

Anyone else experience this?

Posted via Android Central App

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes I am experiencing this with sliding SMS. But I just get a failed message and then it sends it right away after that. And that's with att. I have used this app from the very beginning so I'm not sure if its just that app or the phone or whatever else it may be.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

anon(8765751)

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and have the same problem. Some days every message would go right through, and other days messages would take forever to send and I would get the failed message. Once they would go through the people I would send them to would get duplicates of the message I only sent once. I was starting to wonder if something was wrong with my default text app, so Ima give the Verizon app a try and see if I have the same problem.

Last edited:

bwigginit

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I have had this same problem on AT&T using hangouts. Seems to happen about 10% of the time for me. Switched from a Nexus 5 to the M8, and it maybe happened 2% of the time with the Nexus.

anon(8765751)

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I've never had this problem till I got the m8, and I'm coming from a s3. It happens pretty frequently for me though I'm thinking it might be a defect in my phone? Since it doesn't seem to be a problem affecting a lot of people. Should I try to swap my phone out?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Im on TMO and am having a similar issue AND also not getting texts.
Sunday my neighbor asked me if i was ignoring him. LOL he sent 4 texts and a call that never got to my phone.
After we started talking i rebooted my phone and within 5 minutes i had 10 texts show up. 4 of them being his.
Tuesday morning i sent a few messages to a co-worker and he didnt get them for a few hours, then when he did way out of order.

But my other question is, doesnt Hangouts treat SMS as data and not a SMS?
I thought the purpose of hangouts was to use data and not use the SMS texts that count against some plans that have limited number of texts.
Maybe im wrong.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have had a few SMS and MMS issues as well. Sometimes don't send, sometimes don't receive, sometimes send more than once.... Weird.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Same. Been having some issues with receiving in a timely manner too. I assumed it was the sprint provisioning issues from last week but apparently not.

Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app

jpkelly05

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorta the same issue here on ATT with Note5. Wierd that I don't get an error message. I type a message, hit send, then it disappears about 30% of the time. Very annoying as I have to retype the msg to send that text. I would love to use hangouts 100%. But, it is not looking good. Hopefully an update comes out soon.

Next SMS, is better for text as it puts a permanent popup, evertime you get a text (I never miss text this way). But hangouts has some awesome features as well.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm