input method icon?

bucketheadmn

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
What is with the input method icon when typing? It is the little keyboard looking thing in the upper left. So far it is the only annoyance/dislike I have with my M8. I did install the Google keyboard as that is what I have been used to with my Nexus devices, but with no emoji support on the M8 for it I went back to trying and using the HTC keyboard.

Is there a way to get rid of the icon?

Android Central App on my Nexus 7 (2013)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
What is with the input method icon when typing? It is the little keyboard looking thing in the upper left. So far it is the only annoyance/dislike I have with my M8. I did install the Google keyboard as that is what I have been used to with my Nexus devices, but with no emoji support on the M8 for it I went back to trying and using the HTC keyboard.

Is there a way to get rid of the icon?

Why oit is up is because you have 2 keyboard possibilities. The only way to get rid of it is to somehow get rid of Sense keyboard. You can try disabling it, but I don't think that will get you anywhere.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
If you want to get rid of that then remove one keyboard. If you want to just use sense keyboard, then uninstall or disable Google keyboard. If you want to use Google keyboard, then disable HTC sense input. Both ways will get you what you want.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
The icon will always show if you have more then one keyboard installed. There was no way to get rid of it unless you Uninstall the ones you don't use

Posted via Android Central App

bucketheadmn

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I disabled the Google keyboard but still there. Funny I never had this on Nexus even with multiple keyboards installed. I'll look at disabling the Sense keyboard and see if that works.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I disabled the Google keyboard but still there. Funny I never had this on Nexus even with multiple keyboards installed. I'll look at disabling the Sense keyboard and see if that works.

I disabled the sense keyboard and it had gone away.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad