Snapdragon Battery Guru

lags1610

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Alright, so this app was released right around the time where I upgraded to my Note II and I remember how it brought to my attention how Snapdragons seemed to be more power efficient that my Exynos. I always wondered if the guru actually worked. I am just starting to test it now, but I was wondering if anyone else had already tried. I'll post my own results in a week or so, but I'm curious to see other people's results. 2 day battery life would be awesome...

ironbesterer

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't notice any difference. This coming from my S4 of course. I do not plan on testing it on my M8, as battery life is fine without it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I used it on my M7, honestly don't know that it was doing much.

Like ironbesterer said, battery life seems great without any help. I don't ever really see the low battery message with regular use. I never reach that "critical" stage.

Willham891

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I installed it straightaway From the advise of a friend. The first week was ok, nothing ground breaking. Was getting to the end of the day with 10% left after heavy use same as my gs3. And one day on battery history I noticed WiFi and gps had been on most the day, I'd been at work so switched them off. So next day,same thing I was turning them off throughout the day, and they'd keep turning back on. and a message from snapdragon would say they need to know my location to save power. Thought hmmm, let's see how I get on without this app. Next day get to the end with 40% after heavy use. Installed du battery saver after researching the best battery managers. Now it's about 50% so all in all I'm happy, and snapdragon can do one!

Posted via Android Central App

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I used battery master and that seemed to use more battery. Uninstalled it and battery life improved.

Honestly with the 801 chop and kitkat there's no need for battery apps.. Plus with quick toggles, just enable and disable radios on the fly. It gets time getting used to it, but it's worth it.

lags1610

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm still gonna give it a fair go. Though I will say that the GPS and wifi features are turned off. First day - 40%. On from 5:45am to 11:40pm.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I have mine in learning stage right now and it's not using any battery. I leave my M8 unplugged overnight on purpose to test the idle drain and I only lose a few %.

Battery guru will reduce the number of times an app will auto sync so it will only improve idle drain. I do think it's a good app because as I add more accounts to my M8 (LinkedIn, FB etc) the worse my battery standby performance gets.

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. Apps that say they save battery have used MORE battery life!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

That tends to be the case. Plus with mordern chips and the newest android version, battery apps are not needed and should be banned from the play store.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I really like this app! Seem to have a few extra hours at the end of the day.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888