Unresponsive Screen

rHeart8six

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had any trouble with the screen becoming unresponsive for short periods of time? There's been a few times while going through a text or email and the phone seems to freeze, but the power button will still work. If I lock and unlock the screen everything works again. I've since reset the phone and waiting to see if this continues to be a problem.

Cloggerdude

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yep, I've been having the same thing happen to my phone intermittently. At first I just figured it might be where the phone was downloading updates in the background or something, but it has happened randomly even days later. That being said, it does seem to happen a lot less now, so maybe that really is what is causing it.

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I've had this problem. I also have a problem when it freezes and when i swipe up n down or left n right the screen Just zooms in out

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had this problem. I also have a problem when it freezes and when i swipe up n down or left n right the screen Just zooms in out

It's possible that a part of your hand is touching the edge of the screen.

I tried just now in a browser. Holding the phone in my left hand, part of my thumb was on the left edge of the screen. The on-screen buttons do nothing. Swiping anywhere on the page, it just zooms in and out. It seems to think I'm trying to pinch to zoom. In other apps, the on-screen buttons just don't respond. Stop touching the edge of the screen and all is well.

The edges of the screen are super sensitive. I'm hoping they can fix that with an update.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

The edges of the screen are super sensitive. I'm hoping they can fix that with an update.

That's exactly what I've found. Otherwise, it's the only phone I've EVER used that has zero lag and does everything instantly. Really amazing how snappy it is.

rHeart8six

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site

I was able to replicate that and I think that was exactly my issue. Nice catch! Hoping they resolve this sooner than later. But it is easily preventable in the meantime.