Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unresponsive Screen

Has anyone had any trouble with the screen becoming unresponsive for short periods of time? There's been a few times while going through a text or email and the phone seems to freeze, but the power button will still work. If I lock and unlock the screen everything works again. I've since reset the phone and waiting to see if this continues to be a problem.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Re: Unresponsive Screen

Yep, I've been having the same thing happen to my phone intermittently. At first I just figured it might be where the phone was downloading updates in the background or something, but it has happened randomly even days later. That being said, it does seem to happen a lot less now, so maybe that really is what is causing it.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

After reseting the phone I have yet to run into the issue, but I guess I may have to just wait and see.

I've had this problem. I also have a problem when it freezes and when i swipe up n down or left n right the screen Just zooms in out

Quote Originally Posted by RRHMJ23 View Post
    I've had this problem. I also have a problem when it freezes and when i swipe up n down or left n right the screen Just zooms in out
    It's possible that a part of your hand is touching the edge of the screen.

I tried just now in a browser. Holding the phone in my left hand, part of my thumb was on the left edge of the screen. The on-screen buttons do nothing. Swiping anywhere on the page, it just zooms in and out. It seems to think I'm trying to pinch to zoom. In other apps, the on-screen buttons just don't respond. Stop touching the edge of the screen and all is well.

The edges of the screen are super sensitive. I'm hoping they can fix that with an update.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffleton View Post

The edges of the screen are super sensitive. I'm hoping they can fix that with an update.
    That's exactly what I've found. Otherwise, it's the only phone I've EVER used that has zero lag and does everything instantly. Really amazing how snappy it is.

Yes, I thought I was just being impatient. Typically happens in Chrome when trying to tap the address bar.

My problem occurs when Im using the stock browser
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdelia View Post
    Yes, I thought I was just being impatient. Typically happens in Chrome when trying to tap the address bar.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffleton View Post

I was able to replicate that and I think that was exactly my issue. Nice catch! Hoping they resolve this sooner than later. But it is easily preventable in the meantime.