Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By buckifvr
  • 1 Post By mchockeyvette27
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tips, Tricks, Helpful Hints? Post 'em up!

Just wanted to get an official thread up about, you guessed it, tips tricks and helpful hints!

I'll start out:

In the camera app, if you go to filters and then swipe all the way to the right, you get to a custom option. In here you can tweak things like exposure, contrast, brightness, saturation, etc. Great built in editor, I really enjoy using this a lot.

This probably is a pretty well known feature, but hopefully it helps some people who didn't know about it.

So let's here some more! Post up all the little things you've found that might not be so well known so everyone can know about them!

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

Global Posts
    1,594 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Default Re: Tips, Tricks, Helpful Hints? Post 'em up!

Ok, I'll play, if you struggle with the placement of the power button to turn your screen off, a simple app available is EZ Screen Off. It puts a button on the notification bar that you can tap to turn the screen off, or you can just place your phone screen down and it will turn off automatically.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.
    Skyway likes this.

Disable apps you don't use that can't be uninstalled! No need for things to be running in the background even if you don't use them. I've always thought every little thing you do can affect battery life, so every little bit counts.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Skyway likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by buckifvr View Post
    Ok, I'll play, if you struggle with the placement of the power button to turn your screen off, a simple app available is EZ Screen Off. It puts a button on the notification bar that you can tap to turn the screen off, or you can just place your phone screen down and it will turn off automatically.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    I'll expanded on this a little bit. The app Screen Off and Lock (might work with others, I haven't tested any though) will allow you to use the swipe up from home, like you would use to get to Google Now, to turn the screen off. This method coupled with motion launch features will allow you to never use the power button to turn your screen on or off.

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

I use an app called screen off and lock coupled with nova pro gestures. Just set a gesture to the app and boom. Double tap to wake double tap to turn off. I never have to touch my power button.