Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By icenija
  • 2 Post By ugxvibe
  • 2 Post By Skyway
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why no love for the M8

This past weekend I went to check out the M8 and the S5 and it was all about the S5. The T-Mobile store had 3 displays for the S5 and posters all over the store inside out the M8 was sitting way off in the corner all alone like a ******* stepchild. I played with the M8 and the S5 both great phones but neither has that wow factor over the previous models I will upgrade to soon and am leaning toward the M8 just tired of Samsung had the S3 and S4. The M8 is just sexier and so tired of being like everyone else with either a S4 or a IPhone you would think those are the only two phones made. I hope that HTC can turn thing around earning wise I would hate to see them leave the game they just need to find a way to let everyone know what a great phone they have.

Default Re: Why no love for the M8

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Andrews View Post
    This past weekend I went to check out the M8 and the S5 and it was all about the S5. The T-Mobile store had 3 displays for the S5 and posters all over the store inside out the M8 was sitting way off in the corner all alone like a ******* stepchild. I played with the M8 and the S5 both great phones but neither has that wow factor over the previous models I will upgrade to soon and am leaning toward the M8 just tired of Samsung had the S3 and S4. The M8 is just sexier and so tired of being like everyone else with either a S4 or a IPhone you would think those are the only two phones made. I hope that HTC can turn thing around earning wise I would hate to see them leave the game they just need to find a way to let everyone know what a great phone they have.

It;s the popular kid on the block-. like the iphone was for years..... nothing more-. nothing less.....

Nothing breeds success like success. The Galaxy line has been a best-seller for a while now, so it makes sense stores would feature the latest and greatest to pull in all the people who currently own older versions. I've just never personally connected with the galaxy line of phones: I appreciate what Samsung is doing with them, and they have lots of strengths, some of them very unique, but they've also made some choices that alienate me so I've never purchased one.

I think the best thing we can do is show off our M8s to friends and family, explain why we love them, and spread the word that way. We won't start seeing them featured in stores like Samsung unless either HTC pays for it or their popularity goes up.
    Regard all phenomena as dreams...

Global Posts
    503 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Tmobile is going to focus on what brings them the most sales. GS5 will probably fit that bill. Its really no surprise. The G5 was on preorder on the Tmobile website since Feb. even though it wasn't even available anywhere outside of South Korea til April 11th. Tmobile also launched the GS5 on the SAME day as the M8. Its been pretty clear which device they were going to put their energy into promoting. Their website didn't even have the M8 as coming, or preorders when the other carriers were selling it online during Vajayjay's exclusivity period of being the first and only to sell it in stores the day it was announced on March 25th. Tmobile apparently had a better deal with Sammy than HTC. At least thats how it appears since they've really not put much into promoting the M8. Its a shame really to see them act so anti "uncarrier". But they're chasers of profits just like all corporations. It was a thorn in my side as well. Because they did the same thing to the M7 last year as it was launching after their first Iphone promotion. Supply issues had a lot to do with that as well. But its pretty clear this carrier didn't place much emphasis on HTC's last two flagships. Maybe, next year they'll get more respect next year if the M8 does better than the M7. They need all the help they can get against Samsung's marketing blitz.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Also don't forget the huge difference in marketing money Samsung has over HTC. Samsung can afford to give incentives to stores to advertise more for them. I would love to see how things would be if HTC had the marketing money that Samsung and Apple have.

Ice
    coronaboy10 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by icenija View Post
    . I would love to see how things would be if HTC had the marketing money that Samsung and Apple have.

Ice
    Hopefully this will happen once people continue trading in their iPhones and Samsungs for this phone, which seems to be the case a lot around here..
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off
    coronaboy10 and icenija like this.

I don't think HTC will ever have the marketing money or be as big as Samsung or Apple, and it's because of one simple fact. HTC only makes phones. Samsung makes anything and everything tech related while Apple has computers and tablets. To me, it's surprising that they are even able to have as much market share as they do, compared to the tech giants.

It's like comparing a local grocery store to Wal-Mart, one sells only groceries (the best groceries imo lol) and the other sells absolutely everything under the sun. They are naturally going to be a bigger company and make more money with that strategy.

Now if HTC started making (or joined forces with another company) other products like computers, they might be able to have a larger marketing budget.

I'm rooting for HTC, I would really like them to stay in the game and continue to produce such great devices as the m8. I am a fan for sure and judging by these forums, a lot of other people are too.

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
    coronaboy10 and ugxvibe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    I don't think HTC will ever have the marketing money or be as big as Samsung or Apple, and it's because of one simple fact. HTC only makes phones.
    Posted via Android Central App
    This is exactly why I try my best to help them advertise on all my social media and in person. I understand when people say they won't help a company promote a product and that it's their job. Like you said, the problem is that they ONLY make smartphones which seriously hinders their budget. That budget which is obviously heavily used in R&D of some darn great products. HTC listens to it's customers and delivers great stuff.

They have been around longer than people think but when they decided to go there own route with the HTC brand focusing on the smartphone only, they delivered.. I am about the biggest HTC fan boy (boi, whatever) you'll meet. Had the Touch Diamond, original DINC, Rezound, M7 and M8. I have seen nothing but innovation and improvements with each new iteration of their flagships.

Check out this video of their beginnings..

Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off
    Thanked by: