Do you think HTC need to market harder to survive

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, I've had 5 consecutive HTC phones and this year I was looking forward to trying something different. G3 is the front runner.

Then I go check out the M8...
Then I snap a few pics...
Then I see these commercials doing a good job of highlighting the M8 features...

I have the M7 but I find myself wanting the M8 more and more

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
What marketing?

I heard about the phone by surfing the net and saw a random forum post. I haven't seen a TV ad or anything official from HTC. The Verizon guys knew nothing about the phone except it was something new and shiny that just came in.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I've seen advertising for the M8 here in Ohio, and the Verizon reps I spoke with were quite knowledgeable and liked the phone better than the S5. Kinda surprised me.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Kibbster

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Wow that was a lot better than I thought it would be. It showcased the phone and talked about its main selling point, very nice I liked it! Why don't they use this commercial in the states?

Posted via Android Central App

It might be that each territory has it's own advertising budget to target it's area.
I think I've seen the RDJ ones as well on TV but they didn't stand out and RDJ is probably less famous in the UK than the States (although still quite well known.)

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome HTC.. did my advertising for the day and my buddy got this.
2e9upure.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Of course, they have terrible marketing imo and it's because their phone either has nothing to show off or they can't figure out how to show off the things they do have.

All these silly commercials with some random person talking and showing the phone for 5 seconds or that stupid blink feed commercial really don't do anything to make the general public people want to research and buy the phone more than those of competitors

However, at least finally after all these years they are finally trying to do something about it

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-...ng-executive-to-do-some-contract-work_id55306

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Of course, they have terrible marketing imo and it's because their phone either has nothing to show off or they can't figure out how to show off the things they do have.

All these silly commercials with some random person talking and showing the phone for 5 seconds or that stupid blink feed commercial really don't do anything to make the general public people want to research and buy the phone more than those of competitors

However, at least finally after all these years they are finally trying to do something about it

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-...ng-executive-to-do-some-contract-work_id55306

They do have commercials out in other markets that showcase the features on the device very very well. Unfortunately in the US they've yet to make any that are that focused. But they're definitely doing a better job of marketing the M8 than they did the M7. More saturation, more in your face, more features and how the experience enhances your life etc. I do agree they should just stop letting celebs that probably dont even use the device advertise it. And if they're going to do that, show the device more and less of the celebs. And the blah blah blah commercial even though I understood it, I thought was kind of the same old type of advertising they've been guilty of in the past. Meaning its just not very compelling or very informative. But they're moving in the right direction.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

They do have commercials out in other markets that showcase the features on the device very very well. Unfortunately in the US they've yet to make any that are that focused. But they're definitely doing a better job of marketing the M8 than they did the M7. More saturation, more in your face, more features and how the experience enhances your life etc. I do agree they should just stop letting celebs that probably dont even use the device advertise it. And if they're going to do that, show the device more and less of the celebs. And the blah blah blah commercial even though I understood it, I thought was kind of the same old type of advertising they've been guilty of in the past. Meaning its just not very compelling or very informative. But they're moving in the right direction.