Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Have you traded your S5 or iPhone for the M8?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • S5 to M8

9 19.57%
  • iPhone to M8

11 23.91%
  • Other to M8

19 41.30%
  • Not trading my current phone for M8

7 15.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

Quote Originally Posted by law2010 View Post
    Thanks, enjoy your cute little golf-ball dimpled plastic back. Enjoy your tinny, mono, sad little speaker that vibrates the back of your phone. Enjoy the fact that you could use it as a space heater for a 2800 square foot house on a cold winter night, but will have slower gameplay because your processor is throttled back due to overheating. Enjoy the inability to get a loud speaker phone call. Enjoy your laggy ToucPizz interface.
    What lag. And what heat. This thing barely gets warm.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ab304945 View Post
    I use headphones so I could cate less about speakers

LOL.

LOL.
    This is fun. Let's keep arguing over personal preferences.

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

What lag. And what heat. This thing barely gets warm.

I provided you the link to CNET in a prior post. You must have gotten your complimentary icepack from Samsung to keep the overheating to a minimum on your little plastic phone... or you are a fanboy.

- - - Updated - - -

This is fun. Let's keep arguing over personal preferences.

Says the guy who posted that the M8 was a downgrade to the S5 despite the S5's clear deficiencies in every category other than-- the camera.

I provided you the link to CNET in a prior post. You must have gotten your complimentary icepack from Samsung to keep the overheating to a minimum on your little plastic phone... or you are a fanboy.

- - - Updated - - -

Says the guy who posted that the M8 was a downgrade to the S5 despite the S5's clear deficiencies in every category other than-- the camera.
    CNET must have a defective unit. No one I know that has a s5 has those problem. The m8 being a down grade is my opinion, don't get too **** hurt over it.

Debating the 2 phones is great and all but could we keep it civil please?

After all they are just phones... Phones with many similar and different features that we'll like and choose accordingly.

Size, build, material, screens, cameras, ui, color... Put fourth what YOU like about your phone.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
    omgitsjoe and BobR1908 like this.

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

CNET must have a defective unit. No one I know that has a s5 has those problem. The m8 being a down grade is my opinion, don't get too **** hurt over it.

Well, lots of people must have defective units because there is a thread of S5 people complaining about the Touchwiz lag over in their forums. Go hang out there for a bit.

Thankfully, my legal assistant has an S5 and she put it in a nice little zebra stripe case because it is too hot to hold when she plays Candy Crush. So cute...

Well, lots of people must have defective units because there is a thread of S5 people complaining about the Touchwiz lag over in their forums. Go hang out there for a bit.

Thankfully, my legal assistant has an S5 and she put it in a nice little zebra stripe case because it is too hot to hold when she plays Candy Crush. So cute...
    Lol

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Debating the 2 phones is great and all but could we keep it civil please?

After all they are just phones... Phones with many similar and different features that we'll like and choose accordingly.

Size, build, material, screens, cameras, ui, color... Put fourth what YOU like about your phone.

Alright. I am done talking on this thread. It will take me too long to talk about how nice the HTC One M8 is. Greatest. Phone. Ever. That's not to say there is not room for improvement in future models, but at this point in time, it is the greatest phone ever when considering the whole package versus the competition.

Alright. I am done talking on this thread. It will take me too long to talk about how nice the HTC One M8 is. Greatest. Phone. Ever. That's not to say there is not room for improvement in future models, but at this point in time, it is the greatest phone ever when considering the whole package versus the competition.
    I'm still on my M7 (which I thought was last year's top phone) and I really like the M8 so far. I'm not upgrade eligible till July so I'll have another look at what's out then. Only thing holding me is the bezel.

Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    In still on my M7 (which I thought was last year's top phone) and I really like the M8 so far. I'm not upgrade eligible till July so I'll have another look at what's out then. Only thing holding me is the bezel.

I never really noticed the bezel. The easiest way to put my appreciation of this phone into words is as follows:

I used to buy laptops all the time searching for the perfect computer that made me happy and performed the way I wanted it to. I went through, over the course of two years, a 11.5" HP laptop, 17" HP laptop, a 14" Sony Vaio, and a HP Netbook. I finally got fed up and bought a new 13" aluminum Macbook Pro in 2009. I have not ever looked at buying another laptop since that day. I am still using the 2009 Macbook Pro and it runs almost as well as the first day I bought it.

When I picked up the HTC One M8 at Verizon the day after it came out, I got the same feeling I did when I finally bought the Macbook Pro in 2009. I found the phone that does what I want it to do, and it feels solid and premium. It does not squeak, flex, or show any signs of cheap construction. I have had the M8 since the end of March and every time I use the phone or even look at it, I feel like I finally found what I have been searching for. I don't think I will look at purchasing another smartphone for at least two years. It doesn't hurt that it looks a heck of a lot like my aluminum Macbook Pro. They compliment each other well in court.
    Thanked by 3:
    mackie99 and ffejjj like this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Anyone else? I new this poll would get bumped several pages behind if it wasn't stickied.. :P
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Here are some interesting stats on what kind of customers are buying the new One.

http://www.cnet.com/news/htc-one-m8-...ut-mostly-htc/

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12