Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

Have you traded your S5 or iPhone for the M8?

• Total voters

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Just curious to see how many people are doing this. I'm sure it works in the other direction too but they can make their own poll in those associated forums. :)

Explain the top reasons (pros/cons) why you either made the switch or didn't. Thanks!

I traded my HTC One M7 for this phone. The battery life, camera improvements and overall design/feel won me over.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I like them both honestly but I can't see myself giving up my Note 3... Samsung needs to hurry with the Note 4 :(.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

aandrew610

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I like them both honestly but I can't see myself giving up my Note 3... Samsung needs to hurry with the Note 4 :(.

I have the m8 and note 3 I cannot put my note 3 down
I Agree with you 100% if only we could get a note 4 google play edition! With spen functionally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I am swapping between my 5S and the M8. Just got it yesterday. Love it! Now if only I message would release my number...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

cmhsam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
When I was at ATT this morning they told me they have had a lot of people come in and switch out the S5 for the M8...

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Same here. I prefer the larger screen so I will wait until either the note 4 or perhaps the one max 2. I would like them to release them sooner, but most like we will have to wait until September/October.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

cmhsam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
That's interesting about the Att store. Did they say why?

Posted via Android Central App
Major issues I faced were around TW being so laggy, the wanna be finger print sensor, the speakers, and it wasnt worth the upgrade for me. I played around with the M8 and it seems a lot more efficient with the OS/Sense.

They didnt say why they had come back but I have to believe it wasnt much of an upgrade vs the s4 and TW still sucks!

Zomb!e

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Traded the S5 for the M8. No regrets. I greatly prefer Sense to TW. I asked if the S5 has been selling like hotcakes and he said oh yeah! but there have been a lot of exchanges.

rahxephon

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Traded the S5 for the M8. No regrets. I greatly prefer Sense to TW. I asked if the S5 has been selling like hotcakes and he said oh yeah! but there have been a lot of exchanges.

Makes you wonder how many of those people were part of the Iphone -> S5 switchers. Going from 4s to stock android was a little bit of a shock for me, so I can only imagine from iOS to TW.

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
What was your main reason for switching?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Was getting tired of Touchwiz. Needed a change. Sense is very nice. Well made. Plus the One is more smoother and faster in my opinion than the S5.

Posted via my HTC One (M8)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude