Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Have you traded your S5 or iPhone for the M8?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • S5 to M8

    9 19.57%
  • iPhone to M8

    11 23.91%
  • Other to M8

    19 41.30%
  • Not trading my current phone for M8

    7 15.22%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    Just curious to see how many people are doing this. I'm sure it works in the other direction too but they can make their own poll in those associated forums.

    Explain the top reasons (pros/cons) why you either made the switch or didn't. Thanks!

    I traded my HTC One M7 for this phone. The battery life, camera improvements and overall design/feel won me over.
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    Should be a sticky
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdelia View Post
    Should be a sticky
    Agreed!
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    I like them both honestly but I can't see myself giving up my Note 3... Samsung needs to hurry with the Note 4 .

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by 2:
    VDub2174 and GrooveRite like this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    I switched from Samsung s5 today

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I like them both honestly but I can't see myself giving up my Note 3... Samsung needs to hurry with the Note 4 .

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    I have the m8 and note 3 I cannot put my note 3 down
    I Agree with you 100% if only we could get a note 4 google play edition! With spen functionally.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    I am swapping between my 5S and the M8. Just got it yesterday. Love it! Now if only I message would release my number...

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    When I was at ATT this morning they told me they have had a lot of people come in and switch out the S5 for the M8...
    ugxvibe and Kwesi Yasay like this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    That's interesting about the Att store. Did they say why?

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I like them both honestly but I can't see myself giving up my Note 3... Samsung needs to hurry with the Note 4 .

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Same here. I prefer the larger screen so I will wait until either the note 4 or perhaps the one max 2. I would like them to release them sooner, but most like we will have to wait until September/October.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    Quote Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
    When I was at ATT this morning they told me they have had a lot of people come in and switch out the S5 for the M8...
    Interesting. Did they say why? And what made you switch?
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    Interesting. Did they say why? And what made you switch?
    my guess... it's better while the s5 is an s4 with a heart monitor.!
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    Quote Originally Posted by ahutchga1972 View Post
    That's interesting about the Att store. Did they say why?

    Posted via Android Central App
    Major issues I faced were around TW being so laggy, the wanna be finger print sensor, the speakers, and it wasnt worth the upgrade for me. I played around with the M8 and it seems a lot more efficient with the OS/Sense.

    They didnt say why they had come back but I have to believe it wasnt much of an upgrade vs the s4 and TW still sucks!
    Wildo6882 and trandz like this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    Traded the S5 for the M8. No regrets. I greatly prefer Sense to TW. I asked if the S5 has been selling like hotcakes and he said oh yeah! but there have been a lot of exchanges.
    trandz likes this.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    Quote Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
    I switched from Samsung s5 today

    Posted via Android Central App
    I did as well. Loving this phone One.

    Posted via Android Central App
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    Quote Originally Posted by llfloyd79 View Post
    I did as well. Loving this phone One.

    Posted via Android Central App
    What was your main reason for switching?

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zomb!e View Post
    Traded the S5 for the M8. No regrets. I greatly prefer Sense to TW. I asked if the S5 has been selling like hotcakes and he said oh yeah! but there have been a lot of exchanges.
    Makes you wonder how many of those people were part of the Iphone -> S5 switchers. Going from 4s to stock android was a little bit of a shock for me, so I can only imagine from iOS to TW.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    Quote Originally Posted by ugxvibe View Post
    What was your main reason for switching?

    Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    Was getting tired of Touchwiz. Needed a change. Sense is very nice. Well made. Plus the One is more smoother and faster in my opinion than the S5.


    Posted via my HTC One (M8)
    ugxvibe likes this.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    Nope I wouldn't never give up the s5 to get the m8. Why would I downgrade.

    Posted via Android Central App
    law2010 likes this.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    Might do it tomorrow. S5 is really nice, but I don't really enjoy it. Too many hiccups to deal with coming from a n5.
  21. #21  
    law2010's Avatar

    Posts
    237 Posts
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    Quote Originally Posted by ab304945 View Post
    Nope I wouldn't never give up the s5 to get the m8. Why would I downgrade.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Hahaha. Good one--downgrading. According to CNET, you need a complimentary icepack to put up against your shiny new S5 since it gets so overheated that it can't run at full steam during a graphics test.

    I guess I shouldn't say your S5 is shiny. It is a piece of crummy plastic. I have to admit, the vibrating back door to your S5 is awesome when you turn your sound up. If you put your head under some water, that vibration may almost sound like bass as opposed to a cheap vibrating hunk of plastic on a poorly constructed phone.

    If you don't believe the need for an icepack to get the S5 to function properly, go ahead and stroll over to the CNET review. It is under the performance section: http://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-galaxy-s5/2/

    Enjoy your laggy TouchPizz interface.

    Posted via Android Central App
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    Quote Originally Posted by law2010 View Post
    Hahaha. Good one--downgrading. According to CNET, you need a complimentary icepack to put up against your shiny new S5 since it gets so overheated that it can't run at full steam during a graphics test.

    I guess I shouldn't say your S5 is shiny. It is a piece of crummy plastic. I have to admit, the vibrating back door to your S5 is awesome when you turn your sound up. If you put your head under some water, that vibration may almost sound like bass as opposed to a cheap vibrating hunk of plastic on a poorly constructed phone.

    If you don't believe the need for an icepack to get the S5 to function properly, go ahead and stroll over to the CNET review. It is under the performance section: http://www.cnet.com/products/samsung-galaxy-s5/2/

    Enjoy your laggy TouchPizz interface.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Funny I ran the same test. It only gets warm. And no lag at all smooth as butter.

    Enjoy your scratched up metal back. And crappy camera

    Posted via Android Central App
  23. #23  
    law2010's Avatar

    Posts
    237 Posts
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    Quote Originally Posted by ab304945 View Post
    Funny I ran the same test. It only gets warm. And no lag at all smooth as butter.

    Enjoy your scratched up metal back. And crappy camera

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks, enjoy your cute little golf-ball dimpled plastic back. Enjoy your tinny, mono, sad little speaker that vibrates the back of your phone. Enjoy the fact that you could use it as a space heater for a 2800 square foot house on a cold winter night, but will have slower gameplay because your processor is throttled back due to overheating. Enjoy the inability to get a loud speaker phone call. Enjoy your laggy ToucPizz interface.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    Quote Originally Posted by law2010 View Post
    Thanks, enjoy your cute little golf-ball dimpled plastic back. Enjoy your tinny, mono, sad little speaker that vibrates the back of your phone. Enjoy the fact that you could use it as a space heater for a 2800 square foot house on a cold winter night, but will have slower gameplay because your processor is throttled back due to overheating. Enjoy the inability to get a loud speaker phone call. Enjoy your laggy ToucPizz interface.
    Also touch gestures is neat

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Have you traded in your Samsung S5 or iPhone for the M8?

    Quote Originally Posted by law2010 View Post
    Thanks, enjoy your cute little golf-ball dimpled plastic back. Enjoy your tinny, mono, sad little speaker that vibrates the back of your phone. Enjoy the fact that you could use it as a space heater for a 2800 square foot house on a cold winter night, but will have slower gameplay because your processor is throttled back due to overheating. Enjoy the inability to get a loud speaker phone call. Enjoy your laggy ToucPizz interface.
    I use headphones so I could cate less about speakers

    Posted via Android Central App
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HTC One M8 and Ingress
    By InfinitiGuy in forum Ingress General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 10:27 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 01:53 PM
  3. Time delay for screen on when you press the home button.
    By JakRox in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 01:14 PM
  4. Verizon M8 software update
    By ironbesterer in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 10:08 AM

Posting Permissions