HTC One M8 at Best Buy

ruebourbon99

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been trying to get the New HTC One in gunmetal gray at Best Buy for many days now but none have been available. I was told today that the number for the phone in best buys system was zeroed out like they weren't getting anymore in. Has anyone else seen this in their area? I live in Houston and have gift cards to best buy, so I was really wanting to get the phone from them. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Huh, yeah I checked online for my local Best Buy's gunmetal gray stock, looks like they're out here too. Might be that HTC is prioritizing the main color to be in stock in carrier stores right now since Best Buy has their Gold exclusive. You could always order one online or have it shipped to the store.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
My local BestBuy has the Gunmetal Gray in stock, and it's only $149.00. So when I return my S5 I'll get 50 bucks back. Not too bad.

They have the gold available too, but not the silver.

ruebourbon99

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I wonder what is going on in my neck of the woods then? All of the best buys got the gunmetal color in and sold out of them right away. I didn't mind because I was waiting to see if I liked the S5 better (I didn't). But now all the stores I call say they can't order more in because the computer won't let them.
I was having best buy price match amazon at $149.99 which can only be done in store. I'm surprised you're store lists them at that price. The ones around here are all listing at $199.99 w/ new contract.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm in Ohio and Best Buys here have a lot of stock of Verizon GunMetal and almost none for Sprint or AT&T. Verizon M8s are $149 here and Sprint and AT&T are $199

khughes6

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I wonder what is going on in my neck of the woods then? All of the best buys got the gunmetal color in and sold out of them right away. I didn't mind because I was waiting to see if I liked the S5 better (I didn't). But now all the stores I call say they can't order more in because the computer won't let them.
I was having best buy price match amazon at $149.99 which can only be done in store. I'm surprised you're store lists them at that price. The ones around here are all listing at $199.99 w/ new contract.

When I purchased mine I ordered it over the phone (it had just released and my cart online wasn't cooperating). The BB customer service rep who processed everything for me stated there was a glitch in their system with the m8s and whether stock was available. Maybe that's it.

Did you go in or have a sales associate at a store personally check?

Posted via the One successor to the One

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my Gun Metal M8 this morning online. According to the BB site, I should receive it on Tuesday.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

ruebourbon99

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I visited 3 stores and they all physically checked whether they were in stock. I then called 6 other stores in my area and they all said they were out, but I don't know if they just checked on their computer system or what? I guess I'll just keep on bugging them.

aandrew610

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I visited 3 stores and they all physically checked whether they were in stock. I then called 6 other stores in my area and they all said they were out, but I don't know if they just checked on their computer system or what? I guess I'll just keep on bugging them.

Man the m8 must be a popular phone in Houston. In my area in west TX they are still extremely easy to come by in best buy. Have you checked neighboring cities?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I've been to my local best buy 3 times this week to check for a Verizon HTC M8 and all they had was Amber Gold which i do not want that color. I did stop in again last night and the best buy employee did tell me that the silver and gunmetal were zeroed out and deleted from their system and most likely won't be available again, but rumor has it they are "expecting" a newer model from HTC to become available very soon. So i guess we just have to wait and see. Philadelphia, PA here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance