Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8): Battery Life?

My battery is at 18% and its been off the charger since 9:00 A.M. What I want to know is that good or no?

Default Re: Battery Sucks

No, that's not good...but it could be several things bringing it down so quickly. My first instinct is your location setting. What is it set to?

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,609 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Nope not good, unless you're a heavy, heavy user. I have 65% left after 11 hours of moderate use.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I sent you a private message digital but what should I do buck? What should I change ?

The first day or two with ANY device is always a settling time... you need to let the device do it's thing and settle. If this is after the first couple days, then yes you might have issues. Do you know what is running in the background? Are you particular as to what you start, disabling apps you don't use? Not to say this is your issue, but I've seen over the years people that use apps or start apps they are not aware of... it's a little hard to tell how you set it up since we are doing this over a forum and I can not look at your device.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I've had the Phone for about a week now. Not that good would phone so I would need a way to fine these out.

Global Posts
    1,609 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by m22run View Post
    I sent you a private message digital but what should I do buck? What should I change ?
    Hey m22run, I did not get your PM, but read through the threads in the M8 forum and you will see some addressing battery issues, plus there is a recent AC article addressing ways to preserve battery on the S5, some of those tips are applicable to the M8 as well.
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I read But I can't find many people talking about how to turn off things.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: HTC One (M8): Battery Life?

I read But I can't find many people talking about how to turn off things.

Just visit all the battery related threads. There's bound to be an answer

My cell phone history for the last decade.

2005/2006: Motorola W315, Motorola razr
    2007: Motorola W385
    2008: HTC shadow
    2009/2010: Motorola i335, Motorola i9, Blackbery 8330,
    2010: HTC EVO 4G
    2011: HTC EVO 3D, HTC rezound
    2012: HTC EVO LTE
    2014: HTC ONE M8.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Oh I have been and I haven't seen much

Oh I have been and I haven't seen much

Settings > App manager > All tab > find an app you don't use (example: Appstore from Amazon), click on it > you might want to scroll down to the "Clear data" button and click on that first, then scroll up and click on the "Disable" button > Back... then you will see that app has been flagged as Disabled. If you updated any of those apps you can also uninstall any of the updates from the Playstore and go back to the factory installed version of any of these apps prior to disabling it.
    Current: Moto X (2014) Pure Edition, ASUS ZenWatch, Pebble Steel, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): HTC One (M8), Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)

Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
    Thanked by: