Turn off screen from home screen

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I know that we can use gestures to turn the screen on but none to turn it off. Found this neat little widget that's on your home screen that turns the screen off instead pressing the top power button. Pretty neat. uploadfromtaptalk1397696761866.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M8

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
There is also this app
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.katecca.screenofflock&token=n1uXXxMG
Its basically the same. I haven't tried the one you posted but this one allows you to swipe up from the on screen buttons to sleep. It takes away swipe up for Google now but it works perfectly and you don't have to be on the home screen. Hardly ever touch the power button now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Fl4v

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
That doesn't seem to work on my M8. I can turn the screen off once I'm on the lock screen, but it won't go to the lock screen with a double tap.

Go to settings>security>lock screen

Then choose the first option:

"Show lock screen but not security screen"

Lock it and double tap and you will be able to see your locked screen.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Go to settings>security>lock screen

Then choose the first option:

"Show lock screen but not security screen"

Lock it and double tap and you will be able to see your locked screen.

Mine was already set to that but I chose it again. It didn't change anything. I still can't lock my screen by double tapping on the home screen. Maybe we misunderstood each other as his widget lets you lock from the home screen.

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine was already set to that but I chose it again. It didn't change anything. I still can't lock my screen by double tapping on the home screen. Maybe we misunderstood each other as his widget lets you lock from the home screen.

Yeah this app let's you put a power button widget on your home screen to turn the screen off. Double tapping the lockscreen does turn off the screen.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Lol, I love the Dunkin Donuts icon on the home screen, along with the other priorities. :) And, I say that sincerely.

Lmao! That's actually my second screen not main. The power icon widget follows you no matter what screen you're on

Sent from my HTC One M8

Dogmann

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I use and have been using Screenofflock on all my phones for a long time now and of course have installed it on my M8, not only does it work perfectly but has some really nice options for both sounds and different looks. I use the Old Style TV which as the name suggests looks like how old black and white crt tv's used to fade out when you turned them off obviously its not really necessary but is quite fun.

Marc

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I use the Old Style TV which as the name suggests looks like how old black and white crt tv's used to fade out when you turned them off obviously its not really necessary but is quite fun.
Marc
That sounds really cool. I'll have to check that out.

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Get the Dot View case and it'll go to sleep when you close the case. I love it. Just the way it locks and unlocks the phone is enough to make the case worth it. Add that you can make and receive calls through the case and that it's slim and it's well worth the money.

nyoung3708

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I use an app called screen off and lock coupled with nova pro gestures. Just set a gesture to the app and boom. Double tap to wake double tap to turn off. I never have to touch my power button.

TJGEsq

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
If you want to be able to lock the screen with a double knock in any app or screen (like the LG G2), then I suggest an app called Knock Lock. It lets you choose where to knock, and it works no matter what is open.

I have it set up so that it locks when I double tap the clock in the status bar.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app