Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Turn off screen from home screen

    I know that we can use gestures to turn the screen on but none to turn it off. Found this neat little widget that's on your home screen that turns the screen off instead pressing the top power button. Pretty neat. Turn off screen from home screen-uploadfromtaptalk1397696761866.jpg

    Sent from my HTC One M8
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Turn off screen from home screen

    You can double tap to see the locked screen and double tap again to lock it.
    Nice app though.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Turn off screen from home screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Fl4v View Post
    You can double tap to see the locked screen
    That doesn't seem to work on my M8. I can turn the screen off once I'm on the lock screen, but it won't go to the lock screen with a double tap.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Turn off screen from home screen

    Mine either
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Turn off screen from home screen

    There is also this app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....screenofflock
    Its basically the same. I haven't tried the one you posted but this one allows you to swipe up from the on screen buttons to sleep. It takes away swipe up for Google now but it works perfectly and you don't have to be on the home screen. Hardly ever touch the power button now.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Turn off screen from home screen

    Quote Originally Posted by B0WIE View Post
    That doesn't seem to work on my M8. I can turn the screen off once I'm on the lock screen, but it won't go to the lock screen with a double tap.
    Go to settings>security>lock screen

    Then choose the first option:

    "Show lock screen but not security screen"

    Lock it and double tap and you will be able to see your locked screen.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Turn off screen from home screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Fl4v View Post
    Go to settings>security>lock screen

    Then choose the first option:

    "Show lock screen but not security screen"

    Lock it and double tap and you will be able to see your locked screen.
    Mine was already set to that but I chose it again. It didn't change anything. I still can't lock my screen by double tapping on the home screen. Maybe we misunderstood each other as his widget lets you lock from the home screen.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Turn off screen from home screen

    Quote Originally Posted by B0WIE View Post
    Mine was already set to that but I chose it again. It didn't change anything. I still can't lock my screen by double tapping on the home screen. Maybe we misunderstood each other as his widget lets you lock from the home screen.
    Yeah this app let's you put a power button widget on your home screen to turn the screen off. Double tapping the lockscreen does turn off the screen.

    Sent from my HTC One M8
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Turn off screen from home screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Ewing33855 View Post
    Yeah this app let's you put a power button widget on your home screen to turn the screen off. Double tapping the lockscreen does turn off the screen.

    Sent from my HTC One M8
    Turn off screen from home screen-uploadfromtaptalk1397702152537.jpg

    See the little power icon at the bottom?

    Sent from my HTC One M8
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Turn off screen from home screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Ewing33855 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397702152537.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	112978

    See the little power icon at the bottom?

    Sent from my HTC One M8
    Lol, I love the Dunkin Donuts icon on the home screen, along with the other priorities. And, I say that sincerely.
    Ewing33855 likes this.
  11. #11  
    buckifvr's Avatar

    Posts
    806 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

    Default Re: Turn off screen from home screen

    Currently I am using EZ Screen Off app, but there are others

    Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Turn off screen from home screen

    Quote Originally Posted by B0WIE View Post
    Lol, I love the Dunkin Donuts icon on the home screen, along with the other priorities. And, I say that sincerely.
    Lmao! That's actually my second screen not main. The power icon widget follows you no matter what screen you're on

    Sent from my HTC One M8
  13. #13  
    Dogmann's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

    Default Re: Turn off screen from home screen

    Hi all,

    I use and have been using Screenofflock on all my phones for a long time now and of course have installed it on my M8, not only does it work perfectly but has some really nice options for both sounds and different looks. I use the Old Style TV which as the name suggests looks like how old black and white crt tv's used to fade out when you turned them off obviously its not really necessary but is quite fun.

    Marc
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Turn off screen from home screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmann View Post
    I use the Old Style TV which as the name suggests looks like how old black and white crt tv's used to fade out when you turned them off obviously its not really necessary but is quite fun.
    Marc
    That sounds really cool. I'll have to check that out.
  15. #15  
    cdaq's Avatar

    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

    Default Re: Turn off screen from home screen

    Thanks everyone!! An app that does this is a must-have for the M8.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Turn off screen from home screen

    Get the Dot View case and it'll go to sleep when you close the case. I love it. Just the way it locks and unlocks the phone is enough to make the case worth it. Add that you can make and receive calls through the case and that it's slim and it's well worth the money.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Turn off screen from home screen

    I use an app called screen off and lock coupled with nova pro gestures. Just set a gesture to the app and boom. Double tap to wake double tap to turn off. I never have to touch my power button.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Turn off screen from home screen

    Nice

    Sent from my HTC One M8
  19. #19  
    TJGEsq's Avatar

    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

    Default Re: Turn off screen from home screen

    If you want to be able to lock the screen with a double knock in any app or screen (like the LG G2), then I suggest an app called Knock Lock. It lets you choose where to knock, and it works no matter what is open.

    I have it set up so that it locks when I double tap the clock in the status bar.

    Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
    rdjr74 likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. No thanks
    By Edmond Graham in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-06-2015, 11:52 AM
  2. anyway to turn off the camera snap shot sound
    By worldsoutro in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 Neo
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-05-2014, 12:39 AM
  3. Pandora stops my screen from turning on. Help?
    By MoorheadDude in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-2014, 01:36 PM
  4. Charging from a 220V Outlet
    By amoga in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-24-2014, 08:46 PM
  5. Texting from the Neo
    By 530XI in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 Neo
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 06:18 PM

Posting Permissions