HTC M8 Led and Loose Button

nyyankees8175

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Not too sure how many people are having this issue. But I Just received my phone last night. And my volume button is very loose but also rattles. I also noticed my LED is not working when I receive a message. It is on I do get a blinking orange when its dieing but no notification when I receive a message. I am on AT&T as well

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Check to make sure notifications are turned on in settings, and in your app settings.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Brcub

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I just chatted with HTC and this is their answer to the LED problem, mine is not working either.
"This important issue is currently being investigated by HTC. We will be providing a fix in a software update that will be coming very soon. No estimated time when it will be ready."

nyyankees8175

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I just chatted with HTC and this is their answer to the LED problem, mine is not working either.
"This important issue is currently being investigated by HTC. We will be providing a fix in a software update that will be coming very soon. No estimated time when it will be ready."

Odd I have to buy a 600 dollar phone and I have these problems and I have to wait until there is a patch for it

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
weird, I'm on Verizon and my notification light works great, maybe it has to do with a variation in AT&Ts software, and why for some it works and for others not.

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Not too sure how many people are having this issue. But I Just received my phone last night. And my volume button is very loose but also rattles. I also noticed my LED is not working when I receive a message. It is on I do get a blinking orange when its dieing but no notification when I receive a message. I am on AT&T as well

If your LED isnt working, you may try a factory reset. When I first got mine the LED didnt work either. Also, my screen would not go to sleep. But after a reset its perfect. My volume rocker is ok I think. It give a little bit of click when i tap it up or down but i think its normal.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Odd I have to buy a 600 dollar phone and I have these problems and I have to wait until there is a patch for it

Definitely not the only expensive phone with problems. EVERY single manufacture has issues like this. At least it's a software issue that can be patched

Posted via Android Central App

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
weird, I'm on Verizon and my notification light works great, maybe it has to do with a variation in AT&Ts software, and why for some it works and for others not.

Actually since launch day, the most reported with this problem have been on Verizon

Rufus555

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi Just got a fix from HTC for this problem- it is the Verizon messages (for texts). You need to disable their (Verizon's) messages software and use the "HTC" messages software for texts. This should fix the LED notification light issue. I got my M8 yesterday and this was the fix.

CJinMinnesnowtah

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm on AT&T and had the LED notification issue. AT&T had no clue what the problem was. Found the solution, at least for me - I think it's a bug with the HTC phone setup. If you enter/login with a Google account DURING THE PHONE SETUP PROCESS, it CAN disable the LED settings. The trick for me was to factory reset the phone (I know this SUCKS), proceed with the phone setup, get to the home screen, and ONLY THEN link your Google account.

The caveat - I think this may only be an issue with certain stock of HTC One M8's. I also think it depends on what phone you're coming from. Google backup saves your previous LED settings from you last phone, in my case a Galaxy SIII, and tries to transfer as many phone settings as possible to your new phone, to save you the hassle. Unfortunately, I think the LED settings for the Samsung phone screwed with the LED settings in the HTC. Whatever. Point is, this fixed the problem on THREE of the HTC One M8's I had.

I had three because the first one's volume down rocker stopped working after 32 days of owning the phone. So I swapped it for another phone through AT&T - the phone they replaced it with had a weird brown hue to the white areas of the screen. But I confirmed that it had the weird LED issue if you linked Google in the setup. (Apparently some One M8's are made in China and some in Taiwan, and the screen RGB hues are different for the two - great.) Finally, in the third phone I got, the screen was fine, and I averted the LED issue by linking Google after setup. HOWEVER.....this phone's volume rocker is so loose it rattles, like yours, whereas the other two did not.

**HITTING HEAD AGAINST WALL

(Lesson being, after being a Samsung user for the better part of 6 years, HTC's materials are way more impressive, but their consistency in construction is craptastic.)

Hope this helps some of you.

TriBeard92

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm on AT&T and had the LED notification issue. AT&T had no clue what the problem was. Found the solution, at least for me - I think it's a bug with the HTC phone setup. If you enter/login with a Google account DURING THE PHONE SETUP PROCESS, it CAN disable the LED settings. The trick for me was to factory reset the phone (I know this SUCKS), proceed with the phone setup, get to the home screen, and ONLY THEN link your Google account.

The caveat - I think this may only be an issue with certain stock of HTC One M8's. I also think it depends on what phone you're coming from. Google backup saves your previous LED settings from you last phone, in my case a Galaxy SIII, and tries to transfer as many phone settings as possible to your new phone, to save you the hassle. Unfortunately, I think the LED settings for the Samsung phone screwed with the LED settings in the HTC. Whatever. Point is, this fixed the problem on THREE of the HTC One M8's I had.

I had three because the first one's volume down rocker stopped working after 32 days of owning the phone. So I swapped it for another phone through AT&T - the phone they replaced it with had a weird brown hue to the white areas of the screen. But I confirmed that it had the weird LED issue if you linked Google in the setup. (Apparently some One M8's are made in China and some in Taiwan, and the screen RGB hues are different for the two - great.) Finally, in the third phone I got, the screen was fine, and I averted the LED issue by linking Google after setup. HOWEVER.....this phone's volume rocker is so loose it rattles, like yours, whereas the other two did not.

**HITTING HEAD AGAINST WALL

(Lesson being, after being a Samsung user for the better part of 6 years, HTC's materials are way more impressive, but their consistency in construction is craptastic.)

Hope this helps some of you.

This was a problem on the sprint m7 as well after one of the ota's. The fix was exactly the same then as well as the cause. It was later fixed.