Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint M8 Unable to update profile/PRL

Hey all. So here's a doozy for ya!

I've had my M8 for 7 days now. In this time, I have not been able to update my profile/PRL once. Sprint M8 Unable to update profile/PRL-uploadfromtaptalk1397756952275.jpg
    Sprint M8 Unable to update profile/PRL-uploadfromtaptalk1397756969644.jpg

Actually, I had trouble getting 3G data to work for awhile. That finally worked itself out. Here's a screenshot anyway. Sprint M8 Unable to update profile/PRL-uploadfromtaptalk1397757039784.jpg

I am also unable to roam. My device is also missing the roaming settings, and apparently many others are suffering from a similar bug. Sprint M8 Unable to update profile/PRL-uploadfromtaptalk1397756888014.jpg

Sprint M8 Unable to update profile/PRL-uploadfromtaptalk1397757003607.jpg

So with all that out there, do we have any thoughts on solutions? Anyone else suffering from similar issues? This issue appeared on the M7 as well I believe (Mine had a custom ROM so I wouldn't know) so I would hope Sprint will get around to fixing it.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Default Re: Sprint M8 Unable to update profile/PRL

I had a problem with not being able to connect to mobile data. Get on wifi and update the Profile. That fixed it for me. It added a lot of other options to my settings too.

Have you tried a full re-provision on or off wifi? If you type in ##72786# in the dialer it'll pop up, you can select the menu, and then hit reset. It feels like you're wiping data or something but all it is is a re-activation via the network and a PRL update. Worth a try. Your data problem was most likely the provisioning issue Sprint's been having with so many new phone activations in the past week or so.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Reboot the phone and check for software updates - I think there was an update at launch. Try updating the prl and profile again and see if there is a better result.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Software is up to date. Still unable to update profile/PRL, regardless of connection. Data connectivity is stable though.

And kronosqq, I did the re-provision. That helped the data stabilize, so thank you for that.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
    Banned

Call Sprint and have them update your account!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Today I had trouble trying to update the prl, once it did, all my screens had reset back to factory!!! I didn't loose any apps, just reset my screens?