Does the M8 require GPS to update the weather app?
My S5 requires me to leave the GPS option on in order to update my weather app. Every other Android I've used has only required me to use be on wifi to update. Hate this about the S5. Does the M8 require the same thing? I never use GPS.
- 04-17-2014, 05:04 PM #2
- 35 Posts
Re: Does the M8 require GPS to update the weather app?
Doesn't require GPS, I have my location mode set on Battery saving which uses WiFi and mobile networks to determine location. I reference weather through the Sense Weather Clock widget on my home screen, appears to track township location well but hasn't been top of mind. I'll watch it over the next couple of days and if it does something screwy I will post a reply
- 04-18-2014, 02:28 PM #3
- 04-18-2014, 02:33 PM #4
- 04-20-2014, 06:06 AM #5
- By sirmaru in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 13Last Post: 07-25-2016, 01:12 AM
- By somenothingness in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 19Last Post: 04-30-2014, 02:58 AM
- By worldsoutro in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 2Last Post: 04-21-2014, 12:34 PM
- By FACTagent in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 04-21-2014, 06:47 AM
- By Civuck in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 2Last Post: 04-18-2014, 08:50 AM