OK.... I am now convinced Sense 6 is pretty darn good, like real good! How do you feel?

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
That is a good combo. How do you deal with removing /hiding the at&t crap bloatware? I do like that featue that you can hide apps in the draw with the stock launcher.

Seeing the bloatware drives me nuts lol.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

I live in Germany so no AT & T here. The device came with no additional crap software! Just pure HTC.

How can you hide apps in the drawer?

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I immediately turned mine into a Google Play Edition, but for a skin it is probably the best of them all in my opinion. I absolutely hate touchwiz these days. I also like Sony's UI.

Posted via Android Central App

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I live in Germany so no AT & T here. The device came with no additional crap software! Just pure HTC.

How can you hide apps in the drawer?

In the app drawer, near the upper right, you should see a three dot menu button, tap that and you should have a "hide/unhide apps" selection. When you select that option just place a check mark beside the apps you wants to hide.

bucketheadmn

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I've heard that you can use Ok Google from the home screen, though I haven't personally tried it. I'm sure someone who has will chime in eventually

Unless there is a setting somewhere in Sense, using Sense as the launcher, that I have missed it does not work. I have tried multiple times on on my home screen to get "OK Google" to work with no luck.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Unless there is a setting somewhere in Sense, using Sense as the launcher, that I have missed it does not work. I have tried multiple times on on my home screen to get "OK Google" to work with no luck.

Press and hold the home key, then swipe up. You should see a question mark pop up, let go of the screen to then launch Google now.

Posted via Android Central App on my all new One

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

The Hot Word detection for "Ok Google" only works on the Google Now screen if you have that function turned on. It's in the Google Now settings under Voice. It's easy to tell if the function is active by looking at the microphone on the right in the Google search bar on the Google Now screen. When the function is active the microphone image is solid, when off the microphone will have a hollow appearance.

mbcastle

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I too am really happy with the stock OS. This is the first smartphone I've owned that I have not rooted. It works so well I just don't see the need to.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

I like the OS fine too, but two words why root is still necessary: Titanium Backup.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

bucketheadmn

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
The Hot Word detection for "Ok Google" only works on the Google Now screen if you have that function turned on. It's in the Google Now settings under Voice. It's easy to tell if the function is active by looking at the microphone on the right in the Google search bar on the Google Now screen. When the function is active the microphone image is solid, when off the microphone will have a hollow appearance.

It sounds like the S5 works with the hotword on the TouchWiz home screen. Was hoping that the Sense Home Screen would work with it as well.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I like the OS fine too, but two words why root is still necessary: Titanium Backup.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

This is the only reason I rooted. I used Titanium Backup to get rid of all the Sprint bloatware (Connection Optimizer being the primary culprit). Sense is so optimized at this point in time that I have no desire to run any other launcher or ROM.

kingvanimal

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
This is the only reason I rooted. I used Titanium Backup to get rid of all the Sprint bloatware (Connection Optimizer being the primary culprit). Sense is so optimized at this point in time that I have no desire to run any other launcher or ROM.

I've since played with Nova to try other icons and small improvements. But still on Sense 6. Love the multi tasking, messaging and notification pull down. All very clean.

Do you guys freeze apps in titanium backup? Or fully uninstall? I just have mine frozen. Out of site out of mind. I like keeping my app draw tidy.

kingvanimal

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Forgot to add this is how I'm experimenting with Nova. No clock yet trying to get the stock sense weather one. Anyone have a apk for it? :)

Attachments

• 1397962304191.jpg
    1397962304191.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 18

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Forgot to add this is how I'm experimenting with Nova. No clock yet trying to get the stock sense weather one. Anyone have a apk for it? :)

I don't think you're going to find an apk for the Sense Clock/Weather widgets, as they are integrated into the Sense launcher itself. Beautiful Widgets has several that look like the stock Sense weather widgets. That's probably as close as you're going to get.

kingvanimal

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't think you're going to find an apk for the Sense Clock/Weather widgets, as they are integrated into the Sense launcher itself. Beautiful Widgets has several that look like the stock Sense weather widgets. That's probably as close as you're going to get.

There is sorta a workaround I seen on YouTube to get it. I kinda like this one. Simple.

Attachments

• 1397966448906.jpg
    1397966448906.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 18

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Most of the sprint bloatware was Uninstallable. Only a few apps I had to disable but most allowed me to uninstall.

Sprint is good on that. Plus they are pretty much the only one who doesn't over do the bloatware.

Do you guys freeze apps in titanium backup? Or fully uninstall? I just have mine frozen. Out of site out of mind. I like keeping my app draw tidy.

Wouldn't uninstall be better? Clear up space on your phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez