OK.... I am now convinced Sense 6 is pretty darn good, like real good! How do you feel?

kingvanimal

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I have been using my M8 since April 4th using Sense 6 obviously. I have seen GREAT battery life, some days i have seen almost 8 hours screen time using the phone on auto brightness the entire day. Which mind you does a great job adjusting to the lighting conditions you are in. Other days i prob average between 6-7. So although Sense 6 is not perfect like the camera gallery, or phone dialer which can be a bit confusing at first.

Anyway i went ahead and rooted my phone and wanted to try the stock Google play rom. Just the stock rom with no modifications. Of course its very clean, no bloatware or fancy features. Well long story short it only took me a day to want to switch back to Sense 6! I mean right away i missed certain things. Although the Google play edition included the motion unlock features it still didn't satisfy me. I just found myself missing the Blinkfeed, the stock multitasking grid, power saving mode and SO much more. Stock Sense 6 runs just as smooth as stock android just with some extra goodies thrown in. I even prefer the stock Sense camera app over the Google play camera app. I even love the stock weather/clock widget. And as far as bloatware you can hide the apps you don't use in the app draw on Sense 6.

This is the first UI i have ever liked as a whole in look, smoothness and features etc over stock android. Just curious how do you guys feel. I think actually a good combo would be the Google Now launcher over top of Sense 6. This way you can keep the stock multitasking, camera app, messaging app etc.. And get the clean look home screen look of a google play device.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I too am really happy with the stock OS. This is the first smartphone I've owned that I have not rooted. It works so well I just don't see the need to.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

kingvanimal

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Also for whatever reason the battery seemed a tad better with stock Sense. I'm sure this had to do with the built in power saving feature. I didn't test it in depth but still impressive. That power saving mode does it's job when it kicks in at 15%. I could only imagine with the extreme power saver.

Sense 6 is FAST. I have not seen the phone lag since I owned it. I can't even get it to really stutter in power saving mode!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I think that Sense in general was always about giving you a "close to stock android experience" with just a few bells and whistles added to help you enjoy android better. It's why I always have recommended HTC in the first place.

Choice is a good thing and we have plenty of phones to choose from. Some with close to if not stock android, and some with heavy skins. Personally I'm not a big pure Android fan.

Since I find pure Android boring and dull, I look at others like HTC to give me the experience I'm looking for. Sence 6 is quite good and fills my needs perfectly.

While I tried the S4 last year, and still use it today, I wanted this year to go back to a more stock experience without being a true or pure Google nexus device.

Sense 5 was great, but 6 is better by adding a few more features or tweeks that you can do.

Posted via Android Central App

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm enjoying it as well. Its not as intrusive as some of the other manufacturer UIs.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Fantastic experience. Though I don't care for the right side button losing dual functionality, everything else is just smooth and polished. When I pick up the newest Samsung and Apple, they just feel slow and clunky. I know thy that two years ago those phones would have been fast but the M8 just glides like no other. I do a ton of multitasking so it makes a big difference for me.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have been using my M8 since April 4th using Sense 6 obviously. I have seen GREAT battery life, some days i have seen almost 8 hours screen time using the phone on auto brightness the entire day. Which mind you does a great job adjusting to the lighting conditions you are in. Other days i prob average between 6-7. So although Sense 6 is not perfect like the camera gallery, or phone dialer which can be a bit confusing at first.

Anyway i went ahead and rooted my phone and wanted to try the stock Google play rom. Just the stock rom with no modifications. Of course its very clean, no bloatware or fancy features. Well long story short it only took me a day to want to switch back to Sense 6! I mean right away i missed certain things. Although the Google play edition included the motion unlock features it still didn't satisfy me. I just found myself missing the Blinkfeed, the stock multitasking grid, power saving mode and SO much more. Stock Sense 6 runs just as smooth as stock android just with some extra goodies thrown in. I even prefer the stock Sense camera app over the Google play camera app. I even love the stock weather/clock widget. And as far as bloatware you can hide the apps you don't use in the app draw on Sense 6.

This is the first UI i have ever liked as a whole in look, smoothness and features etc over stock android. Just curious how do you guys feel. I think actually a good combo would be the Google Now launcher over top of Sense 6. This way you can keep the stock multitasking, camera app, messaging app etc.. And get the clean look home screen look of a google play device.

The Google Now launcher is indeed better and I agree with everything you wrote.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I totally swore off skinned devices and thought stock was the way to go but I'm really liking sense 6. I like it so much that I even uninstalled Nova launcher because it took away from the nice clean elegant experience that sense 6 offers. I stopped rooting and installing ROM's a long time ago and there no chance of me doing it to my M8 it's perfect as is.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Dogmann

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I have to say i am also really both enjoying and am impressed by Sense 6 it really is very fast and looks good when i bought my M8 i really thought i was going to flash a GPE Rom or even convert it to a full GPE phone and although i have researched all that is needed to do this at this point after having the M8 for 6 days i have reached the conclusion that there really is no need to jump through all the hoop's needed to do this. This experience is the total opposite to how i felt with my Galaxy S3 which i couldn't wait to get rid of the bloatware and TW and flashed a Nexus Rom as soon as possible the performance and look of my unlocked unbranded WWE version of M8 is just perfect for me just adding my apps and widgets is all i have needed to do.

Marc .

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love Sense 6. My favorite is the gallery, I get so caught in the way it creates those highlights and i take lots of pics so I can easily spend a lot time in there because its so inviting and bright and cheerful. Its like it pulls you in there to explore it and watch. I love the color layouts with it as well and the way its organized to just make viewing photos so much fun. They really hit it out of the park with it.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site

I am glad you put this thread up. I watched a review of the Google Play Edition and decided not to root the phone and stick with Sense 6, which I love.

This confirms that I probably made a good choice.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd compare what HTC did with Sense 6 to what Motorola did in the Moto X. There simply aren't added features just for features sake. Everything that was added to the skin has a purpose and I can say with confidence that I use all the features on a daily basis. Blinkfeed has been fine-tuned, and the skin itself is one of the most responsive out there. I'm so happy with the experience Sense gives me.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I like it a lot, but with the Google experience launcher. I prefer the folders and the better Google Now integration. The Blinkfeed is ok, but I don't really care about it..

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been a fan of HTC sense since the original EVO. That came with sense 1.5 or sense 2 I believe . I had every evo to date, plus a rezound and now a m8. I have to say about now I think sense 6 is their best sense to date. Sense 3 really got bloated and 3.5 was a joke. Despite me liking it back in 2011. Sense 4 was the stepping stone for the next generation sense and sense 6 is the flagship.

I like the clean look to it. The font choices. The color choices (like the scenes and times of the old sense though I wish sense 6 had more colors) motion gestures. The Suttle and light animations. Extreme power saving mode and extreme performance mode.

Htc knew sense needed work and they delivered. Now apply that to their advertising and they will have a true winner.

kingvanimal

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I like it a lot, but with the Google experience launcher. I prefer the folders and the better Google Now integration. The Blinkfeed is ok, but I don't really care about it..

That is a good combo. How do you deal with removing /hiding the at&t crap bloatware? I do like that featue that you can hide apps in the draw with the stock launcher.

Seeing the bloatware drives me nuts lol.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I agree it's an improvement and definitely like it better than TouchWiz and Vanilla but Nova Launcher Prime is still my favorite!

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
That is a good combo. How do you deal with removing /hiding the at&t crap bloatware? I do like that featue that you can hide apps in the draw with the stock launcher

Seeing the bloatware drives me nuts lol.

Uninstalling them is better, or just not having them at all.

bucketheadmn

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Nexus 4 and also currently using a Nexus 7 - I also find The 6th Sense pretty darn good. At first i thought i might miss the plain vanilla Android experience, but I am not at all. I like the recent app layout much better. The addition quick settings are nice without having to add anything to get them there. The camera app is an improvement and the features are great.

I find I am using BlinkFeed quite a bit instead of Flipboard and Zite. Only thing I would like to see added is the ability to use "OK Google" from the home screen.

I know that I could get everything set up on a nexus like the One, but I am getting to the point that I don't have the time to tinker as Mich as I once did. So overall the 6th Sense is a pleasant surprise.

Android Central App on my Nexus 7 (2013)

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Nexus 4 and also currently using a Nexus 7 - I also find The 6th Sense pretty darn good. At first i thought i might miss the plain vanilla Android experience, but I am not at all. I like the recent app layout much better. The addition quick settings are nice without having to add anything to get them there. The camera app is an improvement and the features are great.

I find I am using BlinkFeed quite a bit instead of Flipboard and Zite. Only thing I would like to see added is the ability to use "OK Google" from the home screen.

I know that I could get everything set up on a nexus like the One, but I am getting to the point that I don't have the time to tinker as Mich as I once did. So overall the 6th Sense is a pleasant surprise.

Android Central App on my Nexus 7 (2013)

I'm pretty sure I've heard that you can use Ok Google from the home screen, though I haven't personally tried it. I'm sure someone who has will chime in eventually