Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Aux In Hissing!

Love the phone but may have to return it as I get a crazy loud hissing sound when I plug in my BMW 328i. Is there a setting in the phone I can use to fix? I've had multiple iOS and Android devices over the years and it's been fine. Tried multiple cables too.
    Last edited by SeanSolo; 04-18-2014 at 09:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Default Re: Aux In Hissing!

Quote Originally Posted by SeanSolo View Post
    Love the phone but may have to return it as I get a crazy loud hissing sound when I plug in my BMW 328i. Is there a setting in the phone I can use to fix? I've had multiple iOS and Android devices over the years and it's been fine. Tried multiple cables too.
    Sounds like a hardware problem, probably the headphone jack. If you can eliminate a problem with your deck/aux in, i'd try exchanging the phone.

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

Strange. Can't you just stream via blutooth? Or could you connect it via USB? Even my Wrangler has a USB port. Your Beamer doesn't have one hidden in there somewhere?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    333 Global Posts

Do you get a hissing sound when using headphones?

Unplug the car charger, if you have one plugged in as well. Sometimes when plugged into a car AC charger and AUX, you can hear the hum of the alternator providing power to the car through AUX... or at least I have in the past. If you rev the engine, and the hum/hiss changes with the RPM... you either need to unplug AUX and use an alternate method, or unplug the AC.

It may take some work, but it's possible to get some Android devices to output unamped sound via USB: Android phones and USB DACs - Page 304
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I have a USB ...how do I make that an audio input? I have a 2011 and it only streams calls not audio (no A2DP functionality).

I found that if I max out the phone volume when plugged in it helps a bit.

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Time to upgrade the cars head unit

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.

I second the suggestion to try it while it's not charging
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

My head unit is awesome with every other phone. I have not used a car charger and it still makes those noises. I can't be the only one...tomorrow I'm going back to T-Mobile and I'll try another unit and/or another aux in cord.