Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can anyone help me sort out these HTC One (M8) issues

Don't post much here on Android Central but I wanted to see if someone could help me out with some issues with my M8. I also own a Note 3 but wanted to give the M8 a try because I'd heard so many good reviews about it.

1. Does anyone find it extremely awkward to hold? I'm 6'6 and have big hands but the shape of it is awkward for me and it is slippery as ice in my hands. Has anyone put a skin or case on theirs because of that problem?

2. HTC Software - Overall I like sense, but a couple of things bug me about it. Why can't I move movies I've download from my internal storage to my sd card. Its easy to do with my Note 3 but when I do it with the HTC I get an error every time.

3. For the life of me I can't get this thing to connect to my mac as an external drive. I've turned on Debugging but it refuses to show the internal and external storage of the phone. The HTC sync software comes up (which I am not a fan of) but the drives won't show.

As you can see, nothing major but a couple of things I wanted to see if anyone could help with. Thanks!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-18-2014 at 07:54 PM.

Default Re: Can anyone help me sort out these HTC M8 issues

Quote Originally Posted by donnation View Post
    Don't post much here on Android Central but I wanted to see if someone could help me out with some issues with my M8. I also own a Note 3 but wanted to give the M8 a try because I'd heard so many good reviews about it.

1. Does anyone find it extremely awkward to hold? I'm 6'6 and have big hands but the shape of it is awkward for me and it is slippery as ice in my hands. Has anyone put a skin or case on theirs because of that problem?

2. HTC Software - Overall I like sense, but a couple of things bug me about it. Why can't I move movies I've download from my internal storage to my sd card. Its easy to do with my Note 3 but when I do it with the HTC I get an error every time.

3. For the life of me I can't get this thing to connect to my mac as an external drive. I've turned on Debugging but it refuses to show the internal and external storage of the phone. The HTC sync software comes up (which I am not a fan of) but the drives won't show.

As you can see, nothing major but a couple of things I wanted to see if anyone could help with. Thanks!
    1. yes, couple of good threads in the HTC M8 accessory section
    2. Go into settings, under storage there are options there to move select file types (all the way at the bottom of the screen - storage settings)
    3. Htc Sync Manager allows drag and drop to internal or external storage. You can also use android file transfer - after you connect your phone to the mac, restart your mac and aft will recognize the M8
    Last edited by mhunter6378; 04-18-2014 at 04:32 PM.

Default Re: Can anyone help me sort out these HTC M8 issues

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    1. yes, couple of good threads in the HTC M8 accessory section
    2. Go into settings, under storage there are options there to move select file types (all the way at the bottom of the screen - storage settings)
    3. Htc Sync Manager allows drag and drop to internal or external storage. You can also use android file transfer - after you connect your phone to the mac, restart your mac and aft will recognize the M8
    Re question 2. I've read elsewhere that kitkat has imposed restrictions on what you can move to the sd card when using something like a file manager app (God knows why and why doesn't HTC have it's own stock file manager) You can move things a bit under storage and choose 'make more space' where you get the option 'move to sd card'. This will work fine for things like music files. The trouble is it only moves the actual music files and not the album covers etc within a folder so it's a bit of a mess. I don't know if moving films is even an option under 'make more space '. It would be easily solved if HTC had it's own file manager like Samsung does.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Default Re: Can anyone help me sort out these HTC One (M8) issues

Quote Originally Posted by donnation View Post

The first reason is the second reason why I got rid of my m8 and went to the s5. My first reason was the bad m8 camera. Your right though, the m8 is a very odd shape and so slippery that it has to have a case which defeats the whole great looking metal phone thing. So if you have to put a plastic case on it then why not get a plastic phone with a real camera? Oh and while your at it get a phone that's water proof, smaller, lighter and thinner in overall size with a bigger screen (if you can believe it) and that has one of the best cameras available today. The s5 tada!

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    The first reason is the second reason why I got rid of my m8 and went to the s5. My first reason was the bad m8 camera. Your right though, the m8 is a very odd shape and so slippery that it has to have a case which defeats the whole great looking metal phone thing. So if you have to put a plastic case on it then why not get a plastic phone with a real camera? Oh and while your at it get a phone that's water proof, smaller, lighter and thinner in overall size with a bigger screen (if you can believe it) and that has one of the best cameras available today. The s5 tada!

yes... and lags, don't forget the lag.!!

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts

Never understood the "plastic case negates build" argument. Even with my dot view or my incipio on my phone, the M8 feels way better in my hand then my sister's S5 does. The S5 is a great phone sure, but it feels like a toy to me and no matter what you do to the M8, it will feel like a much better device to me.

My first reason was the bad m8 camera. why not get a plastic phone with a real camera? has one of the best cameras available today. The s5 tada!

Blah, blah and blah.. He was not asking about the camera and we don't care about YOUR opinion of it in every non-camera related post in the M8 section.
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off
    Thanked by 3: