How on earth can you go to another phone after the HTC One (M8)?

Transcendence

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm anything but a tech enthusiast. I hate switching phones and don't waste much time with tech in general. I found the M8 to be friendlier to my needs though.

That's why I said it skews that way, not that it is 100%. I'm sure there's a lot of people who, if properly introduced to the phone, would choose it over their S5 or 5S.

Posted via Android Central App

iknownothing

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: how on earth can you go to another phone after the M8?

Are you saying the M8's camera is better?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

If you are willing to sacrifice every other part or element of a phone experience for the sake of a moderately better camera, then he might have a point.

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
30 grams is hardly noticeable imo. Definitely not something I would base my phone buying decision on.

I think you might be alone on the camera statement. Nexus 5 owners are notorious for claiming the camera isn't good. Not that you won't get good shots out of it, but you will definitely get better ones from the m8.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. To each their own and enjoy your phone!

30 grams is very noticeable.

The Royaloak

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Htc one M9, or iPhone 6. Could be the only solution.

M8 just blows all current competitor by miles. Camera aside. Even thou,Front facing camera was awesome.

mfldmike

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I switched from an iPhone 5S and although I really don't care for Android, I like this phone and will keep it until the 6 comes out. I sacrificed a better camera but the M8's isn't all that bad. I think this is a good Android experience without overdoing it

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

If you are willing to sacrifice every other part or element of a phone experience for the sake of a moderately better camera, then he might have a point.

Most others here will disagree, but I think the S5 is the better phone all around. Not just the camera

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Most others here will disagree, but I think the S5 is the better phone all around. Not just the camera

Yes... I disagree. user experience imho is better on the M8.... from the crystal clear louder mic on phone calls to the louder speaker on navigation to the lag free day to day use.

but yes. camera is better on the s5....

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

This thread is making me think I should take a second look at the device in the AT&T store. I originally passed over it because of the size of it, and the camera but the pictures thread doesn't make the camera look that bad.

Just returned at 1520 I got that was defective and I've decided to just go with Android again.

Transcendence

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

They're both excellent phones. Nothing wrong with believing one is better than the other, especially if it suits you better. The only thing I'll say is that if one is better than the other, it isn't by much.

dmcincubus

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

i actually just returned my m8 yesterday after having it for 14 days. overall, it's a great phone. the build quality is amazing, it's a beautiful phone, the speakers are epic, and coming from a nexus 5, the camera is great.

all of that being said, the phone is hard to carry in my hand. it's bulky and just too long. i'm not keen on sense. these are really just preference issues, and not issues with the phone. i realize a lot of people don't have a problem with the bulk and length of the phone, and they love sense.

Transcendence

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

i actually just returned my m8 yesterday after having it for 14 days. overall, it's a great phone. the build quality is amazing, it's a beautiful phone, the speakers are epic, and coming from a nexus 5, the camera is great.

all of that being said, the phone is hard to carry in my hand. it's bulky and just too long. i'm not keen on sense. these are really just preference issues, and not issues with the phone. i realize a lot of people don't have a problem with the bulk and length of the phone, and they love sense.

Understandable. The size is a compromise for me, but it's one I'm willing to make for the other things it does well. Staying with the Nexus 5?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

They're both excellent phones. Nothing wrong with believing one is better than the other, especially if it suits you better. The only thing I'll say is that if one is better than the other, it isn't by much.

Agreed. Couldn't have said it better myself :)

dmcincubus

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Understandable. The size is a compromise for me, but it's one I'm willing to make for the other things it does well. Staying with the Nexus 5?

actually, i thought i'd switch back to my moto x. forgot how compact and tight this phone is considering it's got a 4.7 inch screen. but yeah, i'll just stick with what i got for now.

Dizfunctions

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I might give the iPhone 6 a chance once it comes out...

I'm on Android right now because android phones have a nice variety of apps and large screens.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I might give the iPhone 6 a chance once it comes out...

I'm on Android right now because android phones have a nice variety of apps and large screens.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

You know what's weird, Android always seems to have the niche apps that I need, while ios has some big time apps that take forever to cross over, like IFTTT.

I always will have to have at least one device for each OS

Dizfunctions

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
You know what's weird, Android always seems to have the niche apps that I need, while ios has some big time apps that take forever to cross over, like IFTTT.

I always will have to have at least one device for each ios

I'm too poor to do that 😁

I seriously love both OS, but the main thing keeping me on android right now is widgets. They are SO USEFUL and I use them all the time, like any.do and dashclock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney