How on earth can you go to another phone after the HTC One (M8)?

dougxd45

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
No issues yet regarding video. Gotta tell ya, the more I use this device the more I'm thinking I won't want/need to root and Rom it. It's been a real joy to use. My Nexus 5 and iFruit5S are safely tucked away for now.

Posted via Android Central App

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
It's all just opinion. There is no "best". It's what's best for the individual. For some, it's the Moto X, Nexus 5, or M8. For me, it is the Nexus 5. Boom sound, and a better camera don't justify spending $700 for a phone. I take very few pics, and use bluetooth speakers at home and in the car. To each their own.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: how on earth can you go to another phone after the M8?

Our daughter just switched from the iPhone to the M8 tonight

Hope she enjoys it and has an easy time with the transition from apple

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I haven't used the M8, but for my use, the other features on other phones trumps the speakers. The camera on the M8 was an improvement over the M7, but phones like the Z2, S5 and 5S are still better in my opinion

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

You've used all those other phones?

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
No issues yet regarding video. Gotta tell ya, the more I use this device the more I'm thinking I won't want/need to root and Rom it. It's been a real joy to use. My Nexus 5 and iFruit5S are safely tucked away for now.

The last phone I rooted was my Thunderbolt. My Rezound, Droid DNA & this M8 I left stock. Well built fluid devices

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I switched from the iPhone 5S to the M8 and I find it better in quality. Only the camera is worse, but I don't really mind, since I use it only for web sharing stuff.
It's a shame that HTC isn't number 1 in sales, and that other phones, like the S4 and S5 sell many many more devices..People just don't bother and Samsung has a very strong marketing worldwide. HTC is much smaller and I hope they enjoy some success and stay long in the business. Android had no top quality phones until the M7 and M8 came.

Tim Richardson

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
:) I swapped my m7 for an s5 due to camera, capacitive buttons (giving up screen to buttons seems retrograde when the m7 didn't do this) and replaceable battery. Plus the amoled screen is awesome. Basically I've swapped the great speakers for the better camera. The camera, now minus OIS, was in the end a decisive factor for me. The tradeoffs for losing the metal body are break-even to me; the replaceable battery and lower weight are fair compensation. My first experience with TouchWiz is actually favourable but I've rooted it already and will no doubt explore custom roms as they become available.

speedtrip

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I thought I would miss the m7 but after a 2 weeks with the m8 , not a chance .
This is a suburb phone .
Everyone who whines about the camera we get it you don't like it MOVE ON already

brad4560

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Loving my m8 more everyday have had it since launch day on Verizon. First HTC phones since my evo and I'm still very impressed by the quality!!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

the m8s battery lasts me all day. and thats more then enough to not need a silly plastic battery door and a silly removeable battery .

It may be silly for you but for some it can be very useful... But everyone has different needs .. hence why we get all these different options in phones. :)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

It may be silly for you but for some it can be very useful... But everyone has different needs .. hence why we get all these different options in phones. :)

ugasameh.jpg
abe4ejy3.jpg

Wonder how silly he finds this

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Jesus Janica

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Been enjoying my HTC one m8 sense the first day I got it,I upgraded from a iPhone 5 after owning every iPhone since 2008,and I have to say I have no regrets,the build quality of this phone is second to none,the display is simple beautiful and the battery keeps me going for more then a day without a charge and 7-8 hours of screen on time,none of my iPhones could do that,also the people complaining about the camera need to stop,it really isn't that bad and I've managed to take some really good pictures with it,overall very happy and can't wait for the next HTC phone.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
If htc keeps making phones like the M8 they will have me as a customer for a long time.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar