Help! Todays verizon update (Version 1.55.605.2) broke my phone!

Ortusdux

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a stock unrooted M8. Today I tried to update and am now stuck on the verizon boot screen. I did the following to get where I am now:

• Plugged in the phone to charge (it was above 50% already)
  • Had it check for updates over wifi
  • It found one that was about 100mb and downloaded it.
  • During install the install icon switched to an error icon.
  • The phone eventually rebooted and got stuck on the version screen
  • I soft reset it and same problem
  • I managed to boot into the loader and picked recovery just to see what would happen. It showed the same error icon.

I've done nothing to this phone that an average user wouldn't do. I've done plenty to my old devices, but not this one.
Is there any way to fix it without a factory reset? Would a factory reset be safe? Could I do anything with ADB? Should I bother contacting verizon or taking it it?
Thanks for any help!

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Personally I would do a factory reset and see if you can return it to a like new state. If that doesn't help I would take it to Verizon.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Ortusdux

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, that makes the most sense. I guess I was just trying to save the time it will take to get it back to the way I had it. How does an OTA update fail like this?

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I updated without any problems. If the factory reset works I recommend you update before you totally reload all your apps and data, that way if the update fails again you haven't wasted a lot of time.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk