Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Default Is the M8 still worthwhile with a case?

I always use a case with my smartphone to protect my investment. Does the M8 offer me anything over other phones with a good case on?

Global Posts
    1,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Default Re: Is the M8 still worthwhile with a case?

With or without a case the M8 is one of the best android phones currently on the market.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.
    Thanked by 2:
    speedtrip and jawest12 like this.

Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

well any phone with a case will still function as if it was naked.

I like the m8. Been a fan of HTC since 2010. the interface is much cleaner then touchwiz....
    My cell phone history for the last decade.

2005/2006: Motorola W315, Motorola razr
    2007: Motorola W385
    2008: HTC shadow
    2009/2010: Motorola i335, Motorola i9, Blackbery 8330,
    2010: HTC EVO 4G
    2011: HTC EVO 3D, HTC rezound
    2012: HTC EVO LTE
    2014: HTC ONE M8.

I always use a case to protect my phone too.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

I'm confused, why could you not just put a case on the M8 if you really want a case?

Mine is generally naked and does fine, although I throw on the dot view case around jobsites

Sent using Tapatalk

I have mine in a clear Supcase off amazon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Have a look at the m8 with a spigen gun metal grey slim armour case on it. That's my set up and I love it, just looks like it's part of the phone!

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,696 Global Posts

Yes you'll still get the fastest android phone out there along with awesome battery life and speakers.

bigoldthor and mhettrich like this.

Been using it since April 4th nude .

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Don't think for a second that the only thing the One has to offer is premium aluminum material, beauty, and great build. This device is a beast...simply the best.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
    ffejjj and trandz like this.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

I keep mine in case to protect my resale value.

I plan buying on buying a Dot View Case with my M8.

After I got my HTC one m8 I got a case right away,too scared to drop it without one on,I currently use the speck candy shell grip case,its pretty good

I understand what the OP Is asking. It's a really valid question. The other flagship devices have similar specs and features. One of the differentiators for the M8 was the awesome design and build materials. Wed, if you put a case on it, there really isn't much difference from the M8 and any other plastic flagship smartphone.

Sent from thr Note 3...and yeah, its spectacular.

Global Posts
    1,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

That's just a ridiculous statement. The build quality of the M8 will still be better, and more solid than a phone with a plastic case. Having a plastic case does not make the phone plastic. It just shows that someone appreciates their device and wants to take care of it, whether it be plastic or metal

Yesterday is but a dream, Tomorrow is but a vision, but Today well lived makes every Yesterday a dream of happiness and every Tomorrow a vision of hope.
    dwb3838 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by buckifvr View Post
    That's just a ridiculous statement. The build quality of the M8 will still be better, and more solid than a phone with a plastic case. Having a plastic case does not make the phone plastic. It just shows that someone appreciates their device and wants to take care of it, whether it be plastic or metal

If all you can see is the screen, then what's the difference? Actually at that point you can make an argument that a plastic device is better because it will be lighter. But it is definitely not ridiculous to think. We all have our preferences. None of which are ridiculous. ☺

Sent from thr Note 3...and yeah, its spectacular.

Global Posts
    1,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.5 Pro

Lighter is not necessarily better, but you are absolutely correct that we all have our own preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by buckifvr View Post
    With or without a case the M8 is one of the best android phones currently on the market.

FYI: It's a notch or two behind the LG G2 powerhouse that's still available.

Quote Originally Posted by BoroughChild View Post
    I plan buying on buying a Dot View Case with my M8.
    How do you plan to keep dust/lint/food crumbs etc out of all of those tiny holes? To me that case will look like crap after a few month of real world use...meaning many of the holes will get packed with stuff from being in your pocket or laying around etc.

Quote Originally Posted by OhAlfie View Post
    FYI: It's a notch or two behind the LG G2 powerhouse that's still available.
    Really? How do you figure that? He didn't say it was the best, he said ONE of the best. I know we all have our preferences, I'm just curious why you think the g2 is better than the m8?

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
    dwb3838 likes this.

It's still worth getting if you like the device's feature (mainly the speakers). With some cases, the phone will be quite large, so that could be a turn off for some.

While the specs of many devices are the same or similar, that doesn't necessarily mean they all perform the same. They're all running their own UI's, and while the S5 isn't slow, it may not feel as responsive some other phones (just one example).

If you're looking more for bang-for-you-buck, then I would also consider the G2, but then one could say that it's "slower" or "outdated" or whatever. You can't really look at specs anymore - you have to look at some real user impressions and phone features and determine what you personally want out of it.

In the case of the M8, with a case you still get their camera with good lowlight photos, 5MP front camera, and front speakers. So if you wanted those features, then go for it. Those features are more-or-less specific to the M8.

Quote Originally Posted by OhAlfie View Post
    How do you plan to keep dust/lint/food crumbs etc out of all of those tiny holes? To me that case will look like crap after a few month of real world use...meaning many of the holes will get packed with stuff from being in your pocket or laying around etc.
    The "holes" do not go all the way through (only where the speakers are located). There's an embedded semi-transparent film that runs throughout the front cover that lets the light through and also helps give it some rigidity. It doesn't take much to keep it clean.

Of course, if you live like a pig, the case/phone will reflect that.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffleton View Post
    The "holes" do not go all the way through (only where the speakers are located). There's an embedded semi-transparent film that runs throughout the front cover that lets the light through and also helps give it some rigidity. It doesn't take much to keep it clean.

Of course, if you live like a pig, the case/phone will reflect that.
    That transparent film is actually a capacitive layer, so it recognizes touch input.

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    That transparent film is actually a capacitive layer, so it recognizes touch input.

Of course.

The gestures look very useful. If you were buying a phone purely off the build quality, imo, your going about it the wrong way

Focus on the software features it offers. While it doesn't offer much in terms of better software, in comparison to their competitors, you still have some solid features to work with, and if you need the sound features, it's there

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast