HTC M8: Are your metal speaker covers wavy/bent?

ericmpena

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I just noticed this issue today. My top speaker grill looked like it was about to pop off. I pushed it back in, but a few minutes later I can see the right side popping back up. The whole top speaker grill appears to be concave, with the left and right sides slightly curving outwards as if they are about to come off. Going to call HTC after work and see if I can get a replacement. I've had the phone less than 1 month.

EDIT: HTC will not swap phone. They said send it in for repair and it will take 7-10 business days. There may be charges of up to $200 for the repair. Lol

Last edited:

jazzypoppy123

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
My carrier supplied m8 had this issue on its bottom speaker grill, almost like a slight buckle in the middle, could be seen in the right light and felt if you ran your finger over it. Got it replaced and this one seems perfect.

Posted via Android Central App

0mnom

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I just noticed this issue today. My top speaker grill looked like it was about to pop off. I pushed it back in, but a few minutes later I can see the right side popping back up. The whole top speaker grill appears to be concave, with the left and right sides slightly curving outwards as if they are about to come off. Going to call HTC after work and see if I can get a replacement. I've had the phone less than 1 month.

EDIT: HTC will not swap phone. They said send it in for repair and it will take 7-10 business days. There may be charges of up to $200 for the repair. Lol

Hi Guys,
I've got this issue also, and I've had it for a while. I thought I could deal with it, but I really can't. I've put this off so long mainly because of the fact that I purchased this phone in the US but I live in New Zealand. I've talked to an HTC representative over online chat, and I've discussed warranty replacement options for an overseas person such as me, but I've come across this thread and realised that my phone may actually not even come under warranty. Has anyone had experiences in the use of the manufacturers warranty in the replacement of their phone? Specifically this case with the top speaker panel lifting off. Mines coming off just under under the front facing camera.
Please let me know!
Cheers,

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
the bottom right corner of the top cover is coming up a bit. Just a factory glue issue, I'm not concerned. I use a case and don't drop or abuse my phone, so I doubt it will become more severe. Can't even notice it unless you're looking for it.

Muhanmad407

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
I have HTC one and once the lens slipped off from the front camera. I tried to put it back and so the metal speakers on the top are wavy. I need to fix this

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar