Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By haevolution
  • 1 Post By B0WIE
  • 1 Post By rmadla
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Default disable volume warning?

I am sure this has been ask a million times about other android phones but for the M8 anyone know how to disable the stupid warning message if i increase my volume with headphones?

many thanks!!

Global Posts
    31,643 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: disable volume warning?

To my knowledge, this is baked into the ROM. Probably the only way to get rid of it is to root and install Xposed Framework, and even then since the M8 is so new, that may not be an option yet.

Yes it's possible - I got rid of it on mine. So annoying not sure why Google insists on installing this crap on every version of Android. You do need Xposed installed and then get the Sense 6 mods. There is an option you check "Disable safe volume warning" then say bye bye to this annoying nag.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

I don't get a volume warning on my phone...att version.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post

You are very lucky then. My Vzone Galaxy S4 also had this stupid warning anytime I had the headphones hooked up and went beyond 60% volume level when the screen is off. Very annoying when you are working out, a good song comes on, and you keep pressing the volume up and nothing happens. Never got around it on the GS4 but finally conquered it with the M8!

Quote Originally Posted by haevolution View Post
    You are very lucky then. My Vzone Galaxy S4 also had this stupid warning anytime I had the headphones hooked up and went beyond 60% volume level when the screen is off. Very annoying when you are working out, a good song comes on, and you keep pressing the volume up and nothing happens. Never got around it on the GS4 but finally conquered it with the M8!
    I've had it on other phones too, most recently the moto x, but not on the m8...although I guess it is there for others.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mchockeyvette27 View Post

On AT&T as well and mine doesn't do this. My m7 last year didn't either

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    On AT&T as well and mine doesn't do this. My m7 last year didn't either

Same here. I wouldn't be bothered by it though. It's a good thing and more phones should have it. My ears are my living and it's sad how many people destroy their hearing in their youth without realizing how serious it is and how easily it happens.
    ChrisGonzales90 likes this.

Its the good old EU for you....making sure that we don't go deaf......Blah

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I have this warning on my Note 3 (unlocked EU model) too, but when I hit "OK" instead of "Cancel", it'll stop bugging me until it next reboots.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,647 Global Posts
    Carrier
    None

The EU loves to control it's people when it comes to technology. Windows, android etc...

The assumption that the earphone jack is used ONLY for earphones is what causes this to be a problem. Many users use external speakers which have their own, independent volume control. I, for one, like to listen to streaming radio while I drive. Having to pull over to fiddle with my phone or else risk trying to do so while continuing to drive is far more likely to be harmful than listening at high volume.

Global Posts
    285 Global Posts

My AT&T S4 had this, but this were a way to disable one of the services and permanently get rid of it. It really is an annoyance.

Agreed this was a dumb move by Google. I don't need my phone to nag me and watch out for my health. What next are they going to warn you when you turn the screen to max brightness that bright screen levels may damage eyesight?

It can be disabled, you will need the xposed framework and the Sense 6 toolkit, it's an option under various mods.

However, when I'm streaming to my car, I have volume at 100% and use the car to control volume. This is not an "ear safety" issue, this is just nannyware. My phone has volume controls, and if I want it louder, I turn it up. If I am listening on headphones and want to preserve my hearing, I turn it down. Because I am an adult. I can make my own decisions. I'm otherwise happy with my M(8). I don't have it rooted, and I think that an option to disable the warning without going through multiple, somewhat drastic steps would be highly appropriate.

Just installed xposed ticked the box for daft google loud volume warning and whhhooohooo no more silly warnings and the volume increses without interuption. give it a try, its installed on my new HTC M8 no problems and without rooting!!!!!!!!!!!

read my post for blusandman It works just fine, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by blusandman View Post
    Just installed xposed ticked the box for daft google loud volume warning and whhhooohooo no more silly warnings and the volume increses without interuption. give it a try, its installed on my new HTC M8 no problems and without rooting!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm not familiar with xposed. I looked on Play, and there were a lot of results and not sure what I should download. Could you expand on the steps you used since I'm not rooted?

Quote Originally Posted by blusandman View Post
    Hmm. Xposed requires root to operate. Care to elaborate?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

My unlocked M8 on 4.4.4 would give that warning one time after a re-boot, then no more until another re-boot. I updated to 5.0.1 a few days ago and today realized that that annoying notice no longer appears. Thank you to Google or HTC, whomever is responsible.