Double photos uploading to dropbox

Steve Shultz

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having an issue with photos duplicating when uploaded to Dropbox with the M8? I have never had this issue before I got this phone, now random photos will be duplicated appending a "-1" to the end of the filename! I did some searching online, and Samsung users had this same issue before, but it had to do with an S-Cloud issue. Obviously that is not the case here. Just wondering if others have this issue, and if anyone has any ideas?!

Here is the thead discussing this on the samsung forum: http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-s-iii/195272-duplicate-pictures-dropbox.html

Steve Shultz

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Apparently not many are having this problem! I am going to do some testing and see if I can get to the bottom of this! There is a chance it has to do with the new Carousel app that I am using from dropbox, but I think this problem has been happening since day one with the M8!!! That is why I am surprised no one else seems to be having this issue! I still would love some input if anyone has experienced this or has any suggestions!

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
No issues here. using the regular ol drop box app...

I sort of wish HTC went with drop box for the promotion. The 23 Gb free that i got with my EVO LTE ends soon and i prefer dropbox over crappy google drive.....

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I've been using Dropbox every day w/ no trouble and no doubles on photos (though I might switch to Amazon for political reasons). Check to see if you have it set to automatically transfer them.

djgreyghost

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I just noticed that my phone has this problem. Most of the pictures I took today have been uploaded to dropbox twice. Once with the -1 at the end of the file name and once with no -1, but a smaller file size. It makes pulling the pictures off the phone and dropbox quite a pain since I like to make sure the file sizes and counts match before removing them from my phone.

I think this problem has gone unnoticed for so long since I'm using the M8 with 32 gigs internal and 32 gigs SD card. I've not needed to unload the pictures for quite some time. I'm also running with 32 gigs on DropBox since getting the M7 promo last year.

The pictures on the phone match the file size of the larger copy in DropBox with the -1. Manually, that means deleting the regular file name and rename the copy to remove the -1. Quite a pain when you see that there are hundreds of duplicate files in dropbox.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax