Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8): Honestly This Has To be The Best Looking Phone Case I Have Owned

Matches the phone colors, fits like a glove and gives 2 piece protection while not making the phone big and bulky. VERY HIGH QUALITY Spigen Slim Armor case $20 on ebay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HTC One (M8): Honestly This Has To be The Best Looking Phone Case I Have Owned-013.jpg   HTC One (M8): Honestly This Has To be The Best Looking Phone Case I Have Owned-014.jpg   HTC One (M8): Honestly This Has To be The Best Looking Phone Case I Have Owned-016.jpg  
    Samsung Epic
    HTC Evo
    RIM Storm II
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: Honestly This Has To be The Best Looking Phone Case I Have Owned.

Does the IR blaster still work? I had pre-ordered the case but canceled when I read how it blocks the IR port.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffleton View Post
    Does the IR blaster still work? I had pre-ordered the case but canceled when I read how it blocks the IR port.
    Nope. It completely blocks the IR blaster from working.
    On the other hand it is the best case I've owned & now my Dot View case is sitting on a shelf. Spigen makes the most well built & tight fitting cases IMO

Best case I found was Yesoo sold on amazon... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Is there a belt holster that works with this case?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Just my personal opinion, I prefer a clear case on mine so that the back of the phone is not so hidden. Mine is black around the sides to protect the bezel and clear on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterMost#AC View Post
    Matches the phone colors, fits like a glove and gives 2 piece protection while not making the phone big and bulky. VERY HIGH QUALITY Spigen Slim Armor case $20 on ebay.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffleton View Post
    Not sure about this one but the case I have on mine does block it. That is alright by me though as I have no plans of controlling my TV, etc with the phone.
    Phone: HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Gray)
    Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013

Global Posts
    797 Global Posts

Nice case, I especially like the green color they have available. The IR blaster being blocked isn't great though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

It says on the case with a sticker that it may limit the remot IR function. since i dont really use it its no bother to me at all. Im sure you could just cut a small opening in the rubber by the sensor however.
    Samsung Epic
    HTC Evo
    RIM Storm II

Quote Originally Posted by MrRicks84 View Post
    Nope. It completely blocks the IR blaster from working.
    On the other hand it is the best case I've owned & now my Dot View case is sitting on a shelf. Spigen makes the most well built & tight fitting cases IMO
    I'll take you're dot view case . Send it on my way!

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.

Good looking case, but like another poster said, I don't like how it hides the back of the phone. With all due respect, I like the SUPCASE Beetle much better. Just got it today, and it is sexy on sexy. Here's a quick photo, but this Amazon link shows many more.

HTC One (M8): Honestly This Has To be The Best Looking Phone Case I Have Owned-51evv2rhorl.jpg
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldthor View Post
    Good looking case, but like another poster said, I don't like how it hides the back of the phone. With all due respect, I like the SUPCASE Beetle much better. Just got it today, and it is sexy on sexy. Here's a quick photo, but this Amazon link shows many more.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51Evv2rhorL.jpg 
Views:	1054 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	113695
    I like the look of this case, but I'm not a fan of how the back of clear cases show scratches more.
    Current Devices: OnePlus One, Note 4, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Retired Devices: HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2, LG G3, Moto X, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict
    sramse05 and chobits like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterMost#AC View Post
    Nice case, now you need to work on those thumb nails and fingernails!
    bembol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SocratesRising View Post
    Nice case, now you need to work on those thumb nails and fingernails!
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by mhettrich View Post
    I like the look of this case, but I'm not a fan of how the back of clear cases show scratches more.
    Agreed. & from past experience with clear cases, they tend to turn a yellowish color after a while from coming into contact with dirt & the elements if you don't clean them often. I want to slap a case on the phone & not worry about it ever agian.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    I'll take you're dot view case . Send it on my way!

LOL If the case didn't cost $50, I would let you HAVE IT. I still might if I keep falling in love with this Spigen case

Quote Originally Posted by MrRicks84 View Post
    LOL If the case didn't cost $50, I would let you HAVE IT. I still might if I keep falling in love with this Spigen case
    Lol deal

Has ANYONE seen in person or even seen a video of the blue dot view case lol, or even the orange one. They are like the "unicorn" impossible to find versions. Even the black one is hard to find. I agree though $50 is kinda steep for the dotview. That Spigen is a AWESOME deal for 20.

Quote Originally Posted by kingvanimal View Post
    Has ANYONE seen in person or even seen a video of the blue dot view case lol, or even the orange one. They are like the "unicorn" impossible to find versions. Even the black one is hard to find. I agree though $50 is kinda steep for the dotview. That Spigen is a AWESOME deal for 20.
    As far as I know, the other colors haven't been released yet. Samsung's s view cases are also $50 so the dot view is definitely priced to compete with that. It's their premium case for the m8, however I agree with you. $50 is expensive, I'll most likely wait until the price drops later on

Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    As far as I know, the other colors haven't been released yet. Samsung's s view cases are also $50 so the dot view is definitely priced to compete with that. It's their premium case for the m8, however I agree with you. $50 is expensive, I'll most likely wait until the price drops later on

I seen the S5 flip case today on the S5. It was pretty nice, makes the phone feel WAY more premium compared to the phone naked, ughhh that fake chrome bezel lol. The case is a nice soft leather. I would consider the blue or orange dot case to use once in a while on the M8. I think the blue looks pretty sweet in the retail pictures at least.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by kingvanimal View Post
    I seen the S5 flip case today on the S5. It was pretty nice, makes the phone feel WAY more premium compared to the phone naked, ughhh that fake chrome bezel lol. The case is a nice soft leather. I would consider the blue or orange dot case to use once in a while on the M8. I think the blue looks pretty sweet in the retail pictures at least.

Me too, if I were to get one it would have to be blue. I think the gunmetal and blue would be a good combo

I have the spigen slim armor case, but feel like it doesn't help the overall grip situation, especially with the added size. It's got that smooth matte finish that doesn't really give much traction on your fingers. I was on the couch with my arm around a girl, trying to google something with my free hand, and it was very unwieldy. I almost find it easier to hold without the case. Have any of you found other cases that minimize the bulk, and have that semi tacky, rubbery texture to them, that makes it easier to grip? And for that matter, isn't 35$ like all the other cases in the stores now.

I just went to set up the IR blaster; i didnt give it any thought till seeing people comment about it in this thread. I like it so far, seems like a great tool to have. So i guess not having it be blocked is also a concern with the case.
    Dodge DeBoulet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakappel View Post
    I was on the couch with my arm around a girl, trying to google something with my free hand
    15 years ago, that statement would have come across with an entirely different meaning
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet View Post
    15 years ago, that statement would have come across with an entirely different meaning
    lol, well played my friend, well played.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet View Post
    We'll done! LOL

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldthor View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51Evv2rhorL.jpg 
Views:	1054 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	113695
    I have this case too, I think it's the best one I've seen but the issue it has is that when you take pictures with a flash the pics get a washed out/halo type thing in the frame closest to the flash.
    Kind of bummed about that but as I was looking through pics from my last phone out of the 500 pics I had, like two I had used the flash so I'm keeping the case.
    I thought about using a dremel tool to alter it a bit, but we'll see how motivated I really get.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast