Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default M8 Questions

I bought a Verizon M8 and really like it so far but do have a couple of questions.

1. Where on the phone can I hit the speaker button? I don't see one.
    2. I have an Otterbox Defender but am considering not using a case, does everyone recommend a screen protector is it overkill?

Thanks

Default Re: M8 Questions

Quote Originally Posted by johnmcc0710 View Post
    I bought a Verizon M8 and really like it so far but do have a couple of questions.

2. I have an Otterbox Defender but am considering not using a case, does everyone recommend a screen protector is it overkill?

Thanks
    1. You mean like for speakerphone? If so, after you initiate a call the speaker button will appear
    2. Be careful if don't use a case....

Thanks
    Not sure what a speaker button is. What feature are you referring to?
    Regarding screen protectors, I stopped using them because I haven't had a screen scratch in years. My One X screen never had a protector and is flawless after 2 years and dozens of falls. BUT, it really depends on your situation. If you don't use a case, your screen is more prone to scratching.

I use an otter box defender on mine.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks
    Screen protectors are a waste in my opinion. Unless you're jamming keys in the same pocket as your M8, it's gonna be real tough to scratch the GLASS. I haven't used a screen protector on a phone in over 5 years, and have never scratched the display. No case? Dude, you're crazy if you think you can handle this phone without a case! You WILL drop it. It's just a matter of time.

Speck case with zagg tempered glass screen protector.

Sent from my busa!

Quote Originally Posted by robbski300 View Post
    Screen protectors are a waste in my opinion. Unless you're jamming keys in the same pocket as your M8, it's gonna be real tough to scratch the GLASS. I haven't used a screen protector on a phone in over 5 years, and have never scratched the display. No case? Dude, you're crazy if you think you can handle this phone without a case! You WILL drop it. It's just a matter of time.
    Glass is glass, it still scratches. Before I got my Zagg glass screen protector I noticed a small scratch on my screen, and I'm very careful with my phone. I think they are totally worth it, at least the glass protectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks, I found the speaker button. If I decide not to use a case I may get a screen protector.

Thanks, I found the speaker button. If I decide not to use a case I may get a screen protector.
    I would highly recommend a tempered glass screen protector

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.