- 16 Posts
Help going back to stock recovery!
Hi guys I need some urgent help. I'm wanting to go back to stock recovery so I can install OTA updates when they are available. I made the mistake of rooting my phone without thinking about updates. I just want it back to stock so it's all nice and easy to use and I don't need to worry. I've found this thread which contains the stock recoverys but when I try and flash the STOCK RECOVERY 188.8.131.52 file I can't even into recovery and just got a error symbol up.
My phone is on the o2 network (I'm in the UK) and my phone is 4.4.2 Software number 184.108.40.206. Am I right in thinking it is that file I need?
If someone could take 5 minutes of their time to help me out it would be ever so much appreciated
EDIT - When Ive sent the stock recovery and I go to boot into it the symbol is a phone with a warning sign. Is that just what it is suppose to do or is it because it's wrong? I read on the thread "You can test originals by flashing them. If you see a phone with warning sign it's the HTC original one."
All sorted now! . Turns out it was the stock recovery. I just panicked and thought it meant there was no recovery it could boot into when the exclamation mark came up. Hopefully now when a OTA update becomes available I wont have trouble updating
- By hollyhat in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 04-23-2014, 11:31 AM
- By HarryDevice in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300Replies: 8Last Post: 04-22-2014, 09:40 AM
- By Jason Smiley in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 12Last Post: 04-22-2014, 07:57 AM
- By Double Tap in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 2Last Post: 04-21-2014, 04:18 AM
- By s_ali11 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 10Last Post: 04-20-2014, 09:48 AM