Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
04-19-2014 09:42 PM
7 replies
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't see my Chrome bookmarks on the M8 browser...could on my M7

What am I missing? Have looked everywhere. On the M7, when I would go to bookmarks, I had the option to select local bookmarks or other synced bookmarks (e.g. Chrome). On this one, I only see local bookmarks as an option. I do have all my Google apps set to sync in the Accounts & Settings menu.

Here is the place where I used to see Chrome bookmarks as an option. On the dropdown, all I see is "Local". Any ideas?

Can't see my Chrome bookmarks on the M8 browser...could on my M7-screenshot_2014-04-19-20-34-04_zpsechtqhkg.png

Default Re: Can't see my Chrome bookmarks on the M8 browser...could on my M7

Chrome bookmarks don't sync to the Htc browser, only to the Chrome browser. You can sync your bookmarks through Htc Sync manager when connected to your PC or Mac and they will show up in the Htc browser then.

If you're rooted, I have a zip that you can flash in recovery and that will enable this option. PM me and I'll get it to you when I can.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    Chrome bookmarks don't sync to the Htc browser, only to the Chrome browser. You can sync your bookmarks through Htc Sync manager when connected to your PC or Mac and they will show up in the Htc browser then.
    Like the op said, it did work on the M7. I can attest to that fact. Also, seeing as there is a drop down box for bookmarks with local selected would indicate there should be other choices.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Like the op said, it did work on the M7. I can attest to that fact. Also, seeing as there is a drop down box for bookmarks with local selected would indicate there should be other choices.

Yes, I'm sure all that's true and that it use to work but it doesn't now, at least on my M8. The only way I could get bookmarks into the Htc browser was to manually sync them through Htc Sync manager. It would be nice if they synced through Chrome as they did before on the M7.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by mcox1124 View Post
    If you're rooted, I have a zip that you can flash in recovery and that will enable this option. PM me and I'll get it to you when I can.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Not rooted but may consider it. If so will PM you. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post

That's the thing. Why did they remove this very useful feature? And why is there a drop down if you have nothing else to select? Frustrating.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

yep, been digging around and looks like its just gone on new browser. seems as the "internet" option is gone from google sync options so this may be a google thing. I also notice that i can no longer do this on my m7, used to be available but i have factory reset since and option is gone now.