Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: Do you really USE the 'Recent Apps' onscreen button?

I use it all the time. However, I can see your point that it would be helpful to allow the user to select what task to do.

edit: wrong thread!

On the One X I wrote to HTC about how pointless I found the 'recent apps' button, but it was more in line with other google devices. Although later they added an update that allowed you to choose how the 'recent apps' button behaved.

You could set it so that it was a menu context button, but on a long press it would bring up recent apps. Best of both worlds. Its a shame to have lost that feature.

Ironically I use the recent apps button more than I thought I would.

Quote Originally Posted by tryatt View Post
    You could set it so that it was a menu context button, but on a long press it would bring up recent apps. Best of both worlds. Its a shame to have lost that feature.
    Not sure if you noticed, but a 4th, menu, button appears when in apps that require it, and sometimes even if the app has its own menu button. I find myself favoring the menu button on the bottom next to the recent apps button over most in app menu buttons because it's often easier for me to press when using one handed.

Always for multitasking. A lot quicker than having to swipe through screens.
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    Not sure if you noticed, but a 4th, menu, button appears when in apps that require it, and sometimes even if the app has its own menu button. I find myself favoring the menu button on the bottom next to the recent apps button over most in app menu buttons because it's often easier for me to press when using one handed.
    I haven't no? Is it like a three-dot menu? have you got a screen shot?

I thought the back/home/recent apps button was a google/android standard.

Here ya go, in the very bottom right. This is from the AC Forums app, but it also shows in addition to some app's built in menu button like Handcent. It seems to be somewhat hit and miss when it shows, depending on the app in use.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do you really USE the 'Recent Apps' onscreen button?-1405107676603.jpg  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12