Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

No but really, the battery on this phone just gets better every day. I'm amazed it seems to trump my g2 on a lot of occasions lately. Great job HTC 😁 very good phone .

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    MrRicks84, cizzlen and puch96 like this.

Default Re: Such M8 very battery wow

Such M8 very battery wow-screenshot_2014-04-20-00-07-37.jpgyep i have been getting amazing battery life from my it so far
    cizzlen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Janica View Post
    yep i have been getting amazing battery life from my it so far
    I see your 7:01 and raise you 7:10

sent from my HTC One M8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Such M8 very battery wow-uploadfromtaptalk1397974571338.jpg  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
    cizzlen likes this.

lol very nice

Remember when people were complaining about the seemingly small battery in this thing?? Lol
    Hopefully my Z2 will give me the same level of performance that my m8 did.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    I see your 7:01 and raise you 7:10

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/20/y2ydune8.jpg

sent from my HTC One M8

Raise you 8 something

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,646 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

It never seems to amaze me that people still choose to use these silly and pointless battery apps when the 801 chip and 4.4.2 handles battery life fine.

Plus android HAS battery management built-in. Why the need to install this garbage?

My cell phone history for the last decade.

2005/2006: Motorola W315, Motorola razr
    2007: Motorola W385
    2008: HTC shadow
    2009/2010: Motorola i335, Motorola i9, Blackbery 8330,
    2010: HTC EVO 4G
    2011: HTC EVO 3D, HTC rezound
    2012: HTC EVO LTE
    2014: HTC ONE M8.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGonzales90 View Post
    It never seems to amaze me that people still choose to use these silly and pointless battery apps when the 801 chip and 4.4.2 handles battery life fine.

Plus android HAS battery management built-in. Why the need to install this garbage?

Gsam just monitors your battery usage, it doesn't do anything else. Some of us folks like to see actual numbers of things like screen on time. The stock battery manager only shows a bar so it's a lot harder to compare to the phone's we had before.

Quote Originally Posted by Ccota08 View Post
    I keep reading your posts in Bender's voice and it's amazing.
    KoukiFC3S and cizzlen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGonzales90 View Post

I think people do it for clearer information regarding the battery and what the system is using. I couldn't remember finding a screen on the m8 that gives you the screen on time in a number. Instead, it was presented in a graph, which was annoying.

All the people with high times I'd like to see how the phone does on mobile (no wifi). Mainly because I am on mobile alot so curious how it survives then .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    All the people with high times I'd like to see how the phone does on mobile (no wifi). Mainly because I am on mobile alot so curious how it survives then .

I'd rather not burn through data on Verizon but on days I do, I get the same results without WiFi. Amazing. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by AKFL3TCH3R View Post
    I'd rather not burn through data on Verizon but on days I do, I get the same results without WiFi. Amazing. Haha

Yeah I'd just like to see people's results since I always see such good life.. But see that wifi was on the whole time (pretty much).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Good to see these newer processors are living up to their claim to fame of being more powerful and using less power. Good to see these flagship devices being able to make it through a day finally
    Thanked by:
    cizzlen and AKFL3TCH3R like this.

Such M8 very battery wow-screenshot_2014-04-21-20-10-15-1-.jpg best battery life i have gotten so far
    Thanked by:
    cizzlen likes this.

I have found that once the phone was about 5 days old it started to last even longer, not sure if thats even possible? My phone has been on today for 9 hours, 85% battery remaining. Typically my iphone 5 would be at around 35-40% by now if not less.

You guys who are getting 7+ hours of onscreen time, what is your screen brightness set to? I have mine to auto and 4 hours is usually the max i get (which is still pretty good). Could you post your battery usage by apps? Thanks!
    cizzlen and DeadpoolJunior like this.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by nyoung3708 View Post
    You guys who are getting 7+ hours of onscreen time, what is your screen brightness set to? I have mine to auto and 4 hours is usually the max i get (which is still pretty good). Could you post your battery usage by apps? Thanks!
    I have it like 35% which is plenty, and I average 5 1/2 hours SOT

My life hasn't been too great but it's getting better as I use it more. Oddly enough, the battery is improving with each charge cycle. It must be a new phone thing.

Mine isn't that good at all another day goes by and I have to charge it

Mine is pretty good...but nothing like my G2 was.

Quote Originally Posted by quanitc View Post
    I have found that once the phone was about 5 days old it started to last even longer, not sure if thats even possible? My phone has been on today for 9 hours, 85% battery remaining. Typically my iphone 5 would be at around 35-40% by now if not less.
    So you think my m8's battery is still premature? This is my 3rd day using my phone

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Such M8 very battery wow-1398785974910.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Kwesi Yasay View Post
    So you think my m8's battery is still premature? This is my 3rd day using my phone

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app
    i think it is just you're cell phone reception that is killing you're battery,because it has to use more power to maintain a signal and you only have one bar :s

i think it is just you're cell phone reception that is killing you're battery,because it has to use more power to maintain a signal and you only have one bar :s
    Yeah, maybe also because of my signal because throughout the day i only get 1-2 bars. I even called HTC, they said that i should go into safe mode and observe the usage of the battery and will be reporting tomorrow to them.

I dont wanna optimize it, like using power saver mode because it defeats the purpose of what the phones battery is capable of. I mean i've seen alot twice as better as mine

Quote Originally Posted by Kwesi Yasay View Post
    Yeah, maybe also because of my signal because throughout the day i only get 1-2 bars. I even called HTC, they said that i should go into safe mode and observe the usage of the battery and will be reporting tomorrow to them.

I dont wanna optimize it, like using power saver mode because it defeats the purpose of what the phones battery is capable of. I mean i've seen alot twice as better as mine
    yeah i understand,i also don't use power saver mode,only time i switch it on is when i'm about to go sleep.hopefully you start seeing better results soon,but having one or two bars will really drain a phone,what phone did you have before the htc one m8? did you also get bad reception on you're last phone?

yeah i understand,i also don't use power saver mode,only time i switch it on is when i'm about to go sleep.hopefully you start seeing better results soon,but having one or two bars will really drain a phone,what phone did you have before the htc one m8? did you also get bad reception on you're last phone?
    That's is why i'm really that OCD right now because i'm afraid that ill have a phone only lasts half the day. That phone was the Samsung Galaxy S2, it's been awhile since i've upgraded and now i really wanted the best battery life for my phone. I was even rotting the S2 just to use it regularly and was really optimizing it to the bones, like always swtiching wifi off. I haven't used mobile data for a year now on my S2 because it's useless. My S2 before has a good reception but i think i was a bad unit. Now i don't wanna get back to that experience again.

I hope it goes well with my HTC one m8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast