Is your top or bottom bezel piece is peeling off?

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Had to return mine because the metal bezel above and below the screen is peeling off from the right side of the phone. It's poorly glued on. If you can feel it slightly raised up them chances are it will peel off. I had the t mobile version of the phone.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

kusabi

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
My screen doesn't sit entirely flush; there's spots where the screen sits below the metal bezel and an inch to the left it sits above the metal bezel. Definitely swapping it out.

BetterMost#AC

May 4, 2010
Visit site
The speaker grills top and bottom are made to be removed. This is how the case is taken apart. These plastic covers are glued on with double faced tape so you can gain access to the screws on the other side. A tiny dab of super glue near the corner's will fix it just fine.

Last edited:

cmilviper

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Mine are not lifting up yet, but my lower speaker cover in particular, looks like it is rippled/warped.....It is not a flat piece of metal like it should be.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Could you please post pictures in the future? Impossible to know if we have the same problem without seeing yours?

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

kicks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I had to exchange my first m8 because the top speaker grill was coming unglued on the right side. I kept pushing it down, but it would slowly work its way back up.

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. They are poorly glued on. Not sure why they changed it from the m7 because I didn't hear of anyone having that issue with the first one

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Sportzcaster

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
The top is where mine started to 'peel' or 'dent.' It is DEFINITELY beneath the screen. Took to my Verizon store and they verified it wasn't damaged from dropping or water invasion.
14 - 1.jpg

Here is close up. You can see it moves around the speaker and the FF camera and is now creeping around the edges.
14 - 3.jpg

Here you can see the 'dent' look some have referred to.
14 - 2.jpg

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
The top is where mine started to 'peel' or 'dent.' It is DEFINITELY beneath the screen. Took to my Verizon store and they verified it wasn't damaged from dropping or water invasion.
View attachment 116916

Here is close up. You can see it moves around the speaker and the FF camera and is now creeping around the edges.
View attachment 116917

Here you can see the 'dent' look some have referred to.
View attachment 116918

Ummm, you realize you're in the HTC one m8 section right? The pics you posted are of a Samsung phone....

Posted via Android Central App

srt05wv

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes yes yes! I have been noticing dust or dirt under my front camera lens and didn't know why. Today I was rubbing my finger across screen and felt the top bezel was sticking up wayyy too much. So I didn't think nothing about it and I pushed it down. Now it seems fine but I wish I would've raised it more and blew the dust out.

Now I can't get the dust out because the bezel is completely flush.

What should I do? I'm still under my 30 day return policy.

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes yes yes! I have been noticing dust or dirt under my front camera lens and didn't know why. Today I was rubbing my finger across screen and felt the top bezel was sticking up wayyy too much. So I didn't think nothing about it and I pushed it down. Now it seems fine but I wish I would've raised it more and blew the dust out.

Now I can't get the dust out because the bezel is completely flush.

What should I do? I'm still under my 30 day return policy.

Do you also have a Note 3 with that problem?

woowdy

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine is off from the right corner on the top. I have exceeded the 14 days of return policy of At&t and to be honest I have return 2 before for poor build quality. What do I do?? I live the phone so much but the build quality is a downside of it

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine is off from the right corner on the top. I have exceeded the 14 days of return policy of At&t and to be honest I have return 2 before for poor build quality. What do I do?? I live the phone so much but the build quality is a downside of it

1) put up with it
2) get something else until forums report higher success rate
3) get something else and then keep using it
4) for your next trick (since out of exchange) get a carrier buyout phone swap